Pool towel locations/divina

cruisin deb

Last time I was on the Divina you had to go to deck 14 to get pool towels - they checked them against your room and you had to bring them back to same location and check them back in - is this antiquated system changed now I hope???

Last time I was on the Divina you had to go to deck 14 to get pool towels - they checked them against your room and you had to bring them back to same location and check them back in - is this antiquated system changed now I hope???

Hey Deb, how are you? There were 2 pool towels above the save in my room on this last cruise.

Edited by Fighterone

• 11 months later...

I have what may be silly questions concerning pool towels, but I'll ask anyway. I saw where people place towels on chairs to reserve them at the pool. With there being a fee associated with losing a towel, are you just putting those out there at your own risk and assuming that no one will move or take your towel? Do people get up early and just go out and place the towels on the chairs and then come back later? How early do you need to "reserve" a chair?

I have what may be silly questions concerning pool towels, but I'll ask anyway. I saw where people place towels on chairs to reserve them at the pool. With there being a fee associated with losing a towel, are you just putting those out there at your own risk and assuming that no one will move or take your towel? Do people get up early and just go out and place the towels on the chairs and then come back later? How early do you need to "reserve" a chair?

Chairs should be reserved when they are being used, or briefly unoccupied whilst in the pool, going to the restroom, the bar, etc.. It is highly frowned upon to use towels to "reserve" chairs when they're not actually being used at the time.

I loved this system. Now you have your towel in your room and have to walk around the ship with it like an idiot. If you came back from beach and want dry towel for pool good luck with it. :evilsmile::mad:

Chairs should be reserved when they are being used, or briefly unoccupied whilst in the pool, going to the restroom, the bar, etc.. It is highly frowned upon to use towels to "reserve" chairs when they're not actually being used at the time.

I agree 100% that towels shouldn't be used to reserve chairs. However, I have read on here that it happens quite often on Divina and it's pretty much the means for getting a chair on a busy day. I'm just trying to figure out what my wife will need to do to get a pool lounger each day. If the common practice is to lay out towels each morning, whether or not I agree with it or not, then what time does she need to be down there to get a chair? Or, what alternative strategy is there for her to be able to relax in the sun with a chair?

For those who have sailed Divina recently, can someone explain how the pool towel situation works. We are only really familiar with Celebrity. On their ships, you are provided beach towels in your cabin in the evenings to take ashore with you the next day. Pool towels are freely available at the pools, and you can trade your wet ones in for dry at any time. Is the system similar on Divina, or are you assigned a single pool towel for each day?

Thank you!

For those who have sailed Divina recently, can someone explain how the pool towel situation works. We are only really familiar with Celebrity. On their ships, you are provided beach towels in your cabin in the evenings to take ashore with you the next day. Pool towels are freely available at the pools, and you can trade your wet ones in for dry at any time. Is the system similar on Divina, or are you assigned a single pool towel for each day?

Thank you!

We were on the Divina in February. Orange pool towels were provided in the stateroom at the beginning of the cruise. You could exchange the towels at a table set up on the pool deck or bring them back to your stateroom to have them replaced by the host. We did both and had no problems.