Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Independence eastbound Transatlantic on May 1st 2016 is included - Ultimate Package is $47.20, including gratuities etc.

That's a 32% discount on what the cruise planner was showing me last week (which was $59 per day, but then it added 18% gratuities at the checkout making it $69 per day).

20160314_DiscBev.jpg.d200b2ddb8317a636f50d3785958733e.jpg

For folks that got the discount, did you just log in and it had the cheaper price? I'm on the Allure 5/29 and logged in and still showing $49 for premium. Didn't know if there is a secret I'm missing out on.

Thanks!

For folks that got the discount, did you just log in and it had the cheaper price? I'm on the Allure 5/29 and logged in and still showing $49 for premium. Didn't know if there is a secret I'm missing out on.

Thanks!

See my screen shot above. When I went in to beverage packages on that reservation it showed as "discount" before I even did anything.

Have 2 other open bookings, will check those when I get back to my computer.

It's showing for the 5/8/16 sailing on the allure.....however it froze up as I was putting my cc info in and now it's saying check back later! I'll keep trying but instead of $809 for 2 premium packages it came to $640ish (can't remember exact) with grats. Thanks a bunch OP!!!!! I owe you a drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Checked again after reading this post and the discount showed up in planner for Rhapsody Transatlantic 14 nights 10 April - Yeah!

Had to cancel previous order first which apparently may take two billing cycles to refund so they will have my money for possibly an additional two months!!

Obviously charged my credit card on the new order in a matter of minutes :rolleyes:

Saving is significant on an Ultimate for 14 nights!!!

Got to love members of Cruise Critic

Other quick question - if you had noticed the price change as you board the ship could you of asked for discount on board?

Thanks!

dbcf47dab33d857a20b87348ec71c6d2.jpg

You can slightly see the red discount price and then it shows in the wording under the image.

I wonder how they decide which cruises to include in the discount. We are on a Baltic cruise on the Serenade this summer. Very port intensive, with only 1 sea day, so a full-price drink package just doesn't make sense for us. If it were discounted, it's something we (& probably many others) might consider!

Doesn't seem to be based on ship anyway - the Independence April 28th cruise doesn't have the discount, and next year's Indy TA has the prices as even more expensive again (Replenish is $19 undiscounted this year, and showing as $22 next year).

Looks like it's just some specific sailings.

Here's a list (in date order) of the sailings it's been confirmed on if people want to copy and paste in their own posts and add to it. It would help people coming to the thread later.

Anthem - 10 day - April 8

Rhapsody - Transatlantic 14 nights - April 10

Splendour of the Seas - 16 days Suez Canal - April 16

Serenade - 11 night Southern Caribbean - April 18

Allure - May 1

Independence - Transatlantic - May 1

Allure - May 8

Ovation of the Seas - 16 nights - May 10

Allure - May 15

Anthem - June 2

Jewel - Rome - July 17

Edited by Thoie
Dates in wrong order!

During the booking process, just after you add which person you're booking the drinks package for (I think) a little blue circle with an i on it appears beside the total - if you click on that & scroll down a bit it clearly stated gratuities are included.in price shown.

My transatlantic sailing has the discounted package but tips are not included. It says there will be a gratuity added exactly where yours says they are included. Must be included for UK reservations.

What did you do to get the discount? Just called them and said I want to check if my cruise is part of this discount? Were you able to see the price drop on the website?

Would love to see some details on this if anyone has them.

The discount appears to be on specific cruises, so you should be able to go into your Cruise Planner and check the price of the packages there.

Here's a list (in date order) of the sailings it's been confirmed on if people want to copy and paste in their own posts and add to it. It would help people coming to the thread later.

Ovation of the Seas - 16 nights - May 10

Anthem - 10 day - April 8

Rhapsody - Transatlantic 14 nights - April 10

Splendour of the Seas - 16 days Suez Canal - April 16

Serenade - 11 night Southern Caribbean - April 18

Allure - May 1

Independence - Transatlantic - May 1

Allure - May 8

Allure - May 15

Anthem - June 2

Jewel - Rome - July 17

Also Allure April 3rd

I've checked our sailing on ovation and no discount for 3rd may. £287 English pounds I would have thought it should be across the board at least for 2016 sailings not fair[emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

So I logged back in to my cruise planner to check out the deal again and it looks like when I bought it earlier they didn't have it including the service charge and it was $274 for the premium package, now they are adding the service charge and it is $323. Do you think they are going to add the services charges on my account when we board the ship?

The pages aren't loading for me correctly through my cries planner....but it does look like the packages are discounted for the grandeur April 17th, 2016 10 sailing.... I better purchase it tomorrow so I can print confirmation while i have access to a printer

I think I can answer two questions I saw...

1: How to find the discounts: I just logged into my cruise planner and when I clicked on the "Beverage purchases" option or whatever it is termed it brought it up automatically stating that the packages were 20% off.

I then called RC and was transferred to the Cruise Planner department where they cancelled my initial purchase, refunded it back to my credit card (5-7 days for refund), and re-purchased it for me at the discounted price because it would not allow me to add it to my cart with packages already in there.

During my phone call, the initial rep I spoke with, the 2nd one, and the 3rd one all confirmed that gratuities were included in the discounted price of $39 and $47 for the Premium and Ultimate packages. :)

2: Can you get the discount when boarding: The same reps also told me that this 20% off was not available to purchase on the ships. They could either do it over the phone or customers could do it through their cruise planners.

Everyone's' guesses are as good as mine as to how reliable the information coming from the reps is! ;)

Now, I have a question of my own... where are people seeing that gratuities are extra? Is it adding an extra charge before you check out?

I could not click the little blue i as instructed by a previous poster to see that my grats were included as they did all of this over the phone for us!

So I logged back in to my cruise planner to check out the deal again and it looks like when I bought it earlier they didn't have it including the service charge and it was $274 for the premium package, now they are adding the service charge and it is $323. Do you think they are going to add the services charges on my account when we board the ship?

I don't know about where you come from, but here (in Ireland, and I think most of Europe) they can't do that. They made an invitation to treat (displaying the price). I made an offer (putting it into my cart at that price). They accepted the offer by charging my credit card. Up until the point they took my money, they could still come back and say, "Aha - the real price is $1,000,000", and at that point I could withdraw my offer. But taking the money is usually considered here as acceptance, and they have no grounds on which to challenge it, particularly as they demonstrably inconsistent about showing prices including/not including gratuities.

If it was an obvious error (e.g. Ultimate Package showing as $6.90 per day), they'd have grounds to renege, but at the time I purchased it said "Discount" and the price looked like a reasonable discount to me. It didn't strike me as odd until I came on here and everyone seems to be getting different prices.

That being said, if I got on board and they started whining, I'd spend no more than about 5 minutes disagreeing with them, but wouldn't let it ruin my holiday, and would just take them to the small claim's court when I got home.

I think I can answer two questions I saw...

1: How to find the discounts: I just logged into my cruise planner and when I clicked on the "Beverage purchases" option or whatever it is termed it brought it up automatically stating that the packages were 20% off.

I then called RC and was transferred to the Cruise Planner department where they cancelled my initial purchase, refunded it back to my credit card (5-7 days for refund), and re-purchased it for me at the discounted price because it would not allow me to add it to my cart with packages already in there.

During my phone call, the initial rep I spoke with, the 2nd one, and the 3rd one all confirmed that gratuities were included in the discounted price of $39 and $47 for the Premium and Ultimate packages. :)

2: Can you get the discount when boarding: The same reps also told me that this 20% off was not available to purchase on the ships. They could either do it over the phone or customers could do it through their cruise planners.

Everyone's' guesses are as good as mine as to how reliable the information coming from the reps is! ;)

Now, I have a question of my own... where are people seeing that gratuities are extra? Is it adding an extra charge before you check out?

I could not click the little blue i as instructed by a previous poster to see that my grats were included as they did all of this over the phone for us!

After I add it to the cart and select a person to add it to it came up with the cost of the package and a line for the gratuities. I was trying to add the ultimate package.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk