Carnival Glory 3/4-3/12 2016 Eastern Review

campdaan

Thankyou so much for doing this review. We are doing a b2b on the Glory next year and have the same room. We also stayed in the same room on the Valor doing a b2b out of San Juan in 2013. Love the pictures.

I've also had this room on the Valor.

How many times did you bang your head on the TV in that room ?

The Glory 9201 has the chaise and the couch is a sleeper.

Great start. And love the room! If we were not so wedded to balconies, that would be my choice.

I love my balconies too... but...

This room is bigger and cheaper. My GF brought a boatload of clothes and shoes, and the extra room helps from looking cluttered.

Balconies are subject to loud neighbors, smokers and door slamming, not to mention, too hot, too cold, too wet, etc. etc.

Sooooooo close to the Lido and Spa. I love using the steam room and the showers. With the wall-o-towels.

And theres nothing like playing the itunes over the bloothooth speaker and basking in the sun, enjoying the view.

IMG_6415_zpshdihm0in.jpg

IMG_6447_zpsea1opv63.jpg

IMG_6448_zpspznwwqof.jpg

A couple of Ship pics...

The Lobby Bar.

IMG_6407_zpskc0ylvcc.jpg

The aft atrium

IMG_6412_zps7ggzktqj.jpg

I was roaming around one of the evening near the Amber Palace and heard laughter and a magic show going on. I went into the Amber Palace on Deck 5 only to see my dear Mother, on stage.

Which, by the way, happens a lot...

IMG_6393_zpsfsl8zbsu.jpg

IMG_6398_zps6eeelwdy.jpg

Just another awesome cruise moment.

Grand Turk was a lazy beach day. We took our time getting off.

Sweetie-pie rented a bicycle and pedaled for a few hours around the island, whie I shopped and logged into Margaritavilles free wifi.

Obligitory GT Ship pic from Jack's Shack.

IMG_6421_zpsdzx1l0w2.jpg

And Topher... The luckiest dog in the world.

IMG_6422_zpsx7a8d4hs.jpg

Almost time to head off into the sunset...

Yes I do believe there was some head banging. Another sweet thing about this room is that in the rain you feel like you are at the cottage in a storm with the rain on the window. I don't know, but to me it just made the room seem cozy. Oh, and I have already called dibs on the chaise lounger.

Great review and photos. Looking forward to the rest of it.:)

Could you direct me to your threads about these rooms as I would definitely like to book one of these for my next Carnival cruise but don't want to hijack your thread.:cool:

Here is my thread on Valor 9201

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017369

And here is my thread on the Conquest

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176630

I appreciate the non-hijack comment. My threads were hijacked by a few know it alls that wanted to boost their post count, and there is some mis-information.

To get this room, I had to search several ships availability. Good Luck.

Here is my thread on Valor 9201

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017369

And here is my thread on the Conquest

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176630

I appreciate the non-hijack comment. My threads were hijacked by a few know it alls that wanted to boost their post count, and there is some mis-information.

To get this room, I had to search several ships availability. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info.

No problem...I would not want to deprive others of this wonderful review so far by distracting you with off topic questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review, sounds like you had a very enjoyable cruise. We are sailing the Glory in May. Do you recall a live 4 member dance band in any of the lounges? It has been a couple of years since our last cruise and we really enjoyed this.

Thanks for everything.

I'm trying to read all things Glory as I sail her at the end of the year. Yes I'm a total planner and want to know it all waaaaaaay in advance!!! Following!

When are you going? We are sailing Dec 3. There is a rollcall for our sailing if you are on the same one.

I have a question about the room. Since this is forward, do you find you feel the motion of the ocean more? I have always been nervous about being forward of Aft because of seasickness. How is it for you? Do you tend to get sea sick?

We had some motion on this cruise, and I really have never noticed a difference in front or aft cabins.

I think sometimes the posistion of the bed has a lot to do with how much you feel the motion.

In this room, we rocked side to side, whereas in other rooms we have rocked head to toe. If that makes sense.

And I don't get seasick... or have'nt yet.

Thanks for the review, sounds like you had a very enjoyable cruise. We are sailing the Glory in May. Do you recall a live 4 member dance band in any of the lounges? It has been a couple of years since our last cruise and we really enjoyed this.

Thanks for everything.

Don't specifically remember a 4 member dance band, but the live music was pretty good. I do remember some of the music was very LOUD.

I went to one of the playlist productions and was very underwhelmed.

The others in my group enjoyed kareoke. And I liked the comedians.