Carnival Glory 3/4-3/12 2016 Eastern Review

campdaan

Hi Folks

This was my 13th Carnival Cruse, 3rd time on the Glory.

While not the best, it was still pretty damn good. I had booked this cruise a year ago at the future cruise desk on the Conquest, and had specifically booked room 9201, a Grand Scenic Oceanview.

I had stayed in the same room on the Valor. And have done specific threads on this particular steateroom.

We left Boston early on JetBlue non-stop to Fort Lauderdale and took the SAS Shuttle to The Holiday Inn, Downtown Miami.

We schmoozed with the concierge, whom we had met on previous cruises, and got early check-in to a room overlooking the Port.

IMG_6192_zpsfm5bjdic.jpg

This was the view on Embarkation Day...

The Glory was facing out, unlike previous weeks, which meant that we would'nt be doing the 180 in the basin.

It was also the first day staggered embarkation. Which seemed to be fairly smooth. However, I was the earliest time, and I'm Platinum. So embarkation was painless.

IMG_6195_zpsulgwu6rj.jpg

This is Waddles, Our Cruise Mascot.... waiting to go.

Upon embarkation, we went to Shore Excursions to claim our Half Moon Cay Cabana Rental. Cabana 10 was my first choice, and I ended up with #9 and couldnt be more pleased.

And then up to the room...

IMG_6196_zpsvkld757j.jpg

Yeah baby...

IMG_6201_zpssinyjmco.jpg

But, more on the room later...

Half Moon Cay was awesome. There was a slight glitch trying to get to the tender. Seems they wanted me to go all the way to the back of the ship to get a tender sticker, but that was'nt going to happen, and after a few words, we tendered ashore.

IMG_6208_zpso4qsuj5u.jpg

I can see my room !... It's the angled room, above the bridge, on the starboard side.

Here is Cabana #9

IMG_6225_zps5c2zwuqg.jpg

Our Neighbors...

IMG_6227_zps0hcnbttm.jpg

And our view..

IMG_6234_zpsuz8pz3jb.jpg

Following! I will be on the Glory in May, although I will be doing the Western route. I would love to have the grand scenic oceanview .. unfortunately I just learned about them a few weeks ago (this is my second cruise and first with Carnival!) and they were already sold out on my sailing. If I like the ship enough I may just have to book an eastern in one of those rooms ..

Hi Thanks for starting this review. Can't wait for more

Can I ask u how was JetBlue? We're flying on them this Friday for the first time LA to FLL.....Regular seating which I heard was more spacious than other airlines. Any thoughts? Thx

Hi Thanks for starting this review. Can't wait for more

Can I ask u how was JetBlue? We're flying on them this Friday for the first time LA to FLL.....Regular seating which I heard was more spacious than other airlines. Any thoughts? Thx

JetBlue does have a bit more room, and leather seats.

We like them very much.

We left Half Moon Cay, and steamed towards St. Thomas, with a Sea Day in between.

Here is a sunset pic I took.

IMG_6257_zpsztu7dgi3.jpg

It's been a while since I've seen a Hairy Chest Contest. But this one was awesome... That's the one great thing about this Cruise. An awesome group of fellow passengers.

IMG_6285_zps51o7v3cf.jpg

We had a great mix of people and some College Spring Breakers, who really livened up some of the ship activities. Never saw them rowdy or out of hand. And of course the eye-candy was pretty good too.

IMG_6286_zpsf5kjgttl.jpg

This is how it looked when we docked in St. Thomas.

IMG_6310_zpsr87jxtnk.jpg

We had booked the St. John Champagne Catamaran tour through Carnival sometime around Christmas. So we have been anticipating this for a while.

IMG_6311_zpsx2kfooir.jpg

The rain turned to showers, and we had thick clouds all day. We had some sprinkles and rain during the excursion, but not no washouts.

IMG_6314_zpsuqz6e2pt.jpg

We anchored off the island and most of the people on the catamaran with

us snokeled or swam ashore.

Going to be doing this exact ship/itinerary in 4 days. Did you happen to check out the EA sports bar? Expecting it to be kind of full with March Madness.

I did on on cruise during Bowl season, was there something you were wondering.

OP, great pictures. First time I have seen pictures of that type of cabin, we enjoy the aft balconies but that cabin looks pretty nice.

It was sunny and warm in San Juan.

We had nothing planned, so we walked around Old San Juan. Up the narrow streets, then over by El Morro.

IMG_6341_zpspebe2gc5.jpg

We also did a little shopping, and walked through a few antique stores.

IMG_6359_zpslwqtpksu.jpg

And stopped at a nice restaraunt for some fish tacos and mofongo.

IMG_6360_zps7bbb3lui.jpg

It was a nice time.

IMG_6367_zpsks4yl603.jpg

And then we set sail for Grand Turk.

IMG_6390_zpse85u4vpu.jpg