Turtle Farm - Are 3 year olds free

mengel246

due to the frequency of ships missing their Cayman stops in the spring

I wouldn't pre-purchase any non-refundable tickets for Cayman "stuff"

Really? Why do they miss Cayman Islands? This is the first time we've ever been on a cruise. I think they refund if your ship doesn't make to port

Cayman is a 'tender' port

this means the ship does not tie to a pier ... rather it stays at anchor off shore and you must transfer from the ship to a smaller 'tender' for the ride to shore ... the ride is just a few minutes BUT

If the seas are too rough, tendering is not safe (crossing between the boats) and the ships don't stop at Cayman. This is more frequent in the spring than other times of the year. My last week stay in March, ships only came in one day, and THAT day the weather turned in the afternoon and getting folks back on the cruise ships was 'interesting" (I could watch from my hotel)

100_0114_zps860a4285.jpg

Most private excursion companies are 100% OK with refunding your $ (or not charging in the first place) if your ship does not stop. I dunno about advanced purchase tickets to the T-farm ... not the same thing. You should ask . . it is not mentioned on their web page.

Cayman is a 'tender' port

this means the ship does not tie to a pier ... rather it stays at anchor off shore and you must transfer from the ship to a smaller 'tender' for the ride to shore ... the ride is just a few minutes BUT

If the seas are too rough, tendering is not safe (crossing between the boats) and the ships don't stop at Cayman. This is more frequent in the spring than other times of the year. My last week stay in March, ships only came in one day, and THAT day the weather turned in the afternoon and getting folks back on the cruise ships was 'interesting" (I could watch from my hotel)

Most private excursion companies are 100% OK with refunding your $ (or not charging in the first place) if your ship does not stop. I dunno about advanced purchase tickets to the T-farm ... not the same thing. You should ask . . it is not mentioned on their web page.

Oh man thanks for the education! I didn't know any of that or even consider that would ever happen. First time cruising education :)

We are booked in 2 weeks for the turtle farm through Carnival. While it might be a little more $, we choose to do that because of the risk of missing the port.

You might want to see if the excursion is available through your cruise line. If you miss the port, the cruise line will reimburse you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app