Excursions - How far out?

acharris1

What is the cancellation policy on excursions? I'd like to purchase sooner, rather than later (for our Feb./17 cruise), but I'm not 100% sure that my son will come with us. He is currently booked, but beginning University in the fall, so I may have to cancel him. If I book him excursions now, will I be able to easily get my money back if we cancel him?

On a related note, if he can't come, but I do a name change on the reservation and take someone else with us, will I be able to do the name change on the excursion, as well? :)

I was under the impression that you could not book excursions until "final payment" was made and you were either 90/100 days out from your cruise...Hope that helps ease your anxieties...

Rob

I booked excursions several months ago for our July 2016 cruise, before final payment was made.

I was under the impression that you could not book excursions until "final payment" was made and you were either 90/100 days out from your cruise...Hope that helps ease your anxieties...

Rob

No.

I have a number of excursions available to book for my cruise next Easter. They have been available for a few months now.

Meanwhile, for my cruise this May, some only appeared earlier this year (still way before final payment/90 days).

As I said earlier, there is no set time. They become available when they become available.

Edited by KeithJenner

What is the cancellation policy on excursions? I'd like to purchase sooner, rather than later (for our Feb./17 cruise), but I'm not 100% sure that my son will come with us. He is currently booked, but beginning University in the fall, so I may have to cancel him. If I book him excursions now, will I be able to easily get my money back if we cancel him?

On a related note, if he can't come, but I do a name change on the reservation and take someone else with us, will I be able to do the name change on the excursion, as well? :)

You can cancel any booked excursions. I believe the required notice period is 24 hours, but your timescales will be fine.

You can cancel any booked excursions. I believe the required notice period is 24 hours, but your timescales will be fine.

Thank you!

Do you know if it is possible to do a name change on an excursion, if I do a name change on the cruise reservation? I'm fairly confident that it would be (over the phone).

You're definitely right that they are random. Nothing is available yet for our Feb./17 Escape cruise. I keep checking! :)

We are cruising in Jan of 2017...As per "MY NCL" I have nothing available to book excursion wise...We have cruised with NCL a few times in the past and if I remember right, it wasn't until 90/100 days out that all the excursions even became available to us, let alone were able to book...Not disputing anyone else s experiences, just relating mine...For me, I have been fine with booking our shore excursions 90/100 days out...Or after they have become available to me...Is all good, enjoy...

Rob

Hi,

I would call the NCL Excursion number (866) 625-1167 directly and not book via My NCL... if you do it via My NCL then you actually pay for them upfront and any cancellations are a pain in the butt to get refunded.... However, if you call the NCL Excursion people, then they are reserved, appear on your My NCL, and the costs are added to your shipboard account.... You can change tours up to 2 days before sailing or on board ship 2 days prior to arrival into port. Flights, Dolphins, Golf, Scuba, Fishing & Wave-runners are non-refundable and CANNOT be changed or cancelled onboard the ship.

The excursions are printed out for the passenger so if there is a cancellation of a passenger for the trip, then that excursion is cancelled... you just need to call and reserve the excursion for the new passenger.

I would be interested to know if promos that you received with your son would be transferred to the new passenger... considering everything is pretty much linked to your Latitude number.

Edited by esm54687

Hi,

I would call the NCL Excursion number (866) 625-1167 directly and not book via My NCL... if you do it via My NCL then you actually pay for them upfront and any cancellations are a pain in the butt to get refunded.... However, if you call the NCL Excursion people, then they are reserved, appear on your My NCL, and the costs are added to your shipboard account.... You can change tours up to 2 days before sailing or on board ship 2 days prior to arrival into port. Flights, Dolphins, Golf, Scuba, Fishing & Wave-runners are non-refundable and CANNOT be changed or cancelled onboard the ship.

The excursions are printed out for the passenger so if there is a cancellation of a passenger for the trip, then that excursion is cancelled... you just need to call and reserve the excursion for the new passenger.

I would be interested to know if promos that you received with your son would be transferred to the new passenger... considering everything is pretty much linked to your Latitude number.

Good information. Thank you.

Interesting thought about the promos. Hopefully he agrees to come with us, and we won't have to find out. I know that his university has that week off, but whether he wants to be "stuck" with his family on a cruise, or re-connecting with his friends at home, remains to be seen. :D

Hi,

Is this the same in the UK? Can we book and pay for them onboard?