Will Royal Caribbean honor this?

srk70

We have been booked with a balcony cabin for me, my husband and daughter. A few weeks ago, while checking prices a family balcony cabin popped up as an option for me after plugging in 3 guests. I immediately called my TA to switch our reservation to the family cabin. She was quoted a price for us, but at some point the RC rep realized that it was supposed to be for a minimum of 5 guests. Today, the family balcony popped up again for me and I just went ahead and booked it online- paid the deposit and got a confirmation email with no problems. Do I have anything to be concerned about with RC- would/could they cancel it? I don't want to have my TA cancel our original reservation until I'm sure this new one will stick.

Edited by srk70

If it shows up on the website when you plug in 3 guests, it means they have lowered the minimum occupancy requirement. You should be fine.

It showed up the first time as well but the RC rep wouldn't book it because of the 5 person minimum. Do you think that possibly they were just quoting policy and didn't know the minimum had been lowered?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It showed up the first time as well but the RC rep wouldn't book it because of the 5 person minimum. Do you think that possibly they were just quoting policy and didn't know the minimum had been lowered?

I just upgraded 3 of us to a family suite through the rep the other day. My cruise was 60 days out and all kinds of family suites in different categories were available. I guess not that many families sailing on my particular date.

Possible. However, I do know that they lower the minimums on purpose too. We were able to book a Royal Family Suite for just the two of us once, and that normally had a 4 person minimum at the time.

I recently booked a Royal Family Suite for 3 of us on the Navigator. Just over 2 months before the cruise. It did show up on line and I used TA to book no problem.

This will be the fourth time in a RFS and all have been less than 5 people. Last time there were only 2 of us.

Dear srk70,

Like as in anything Business ..supply vs demand.

My eldest nephew just graduated in your city at the Citadel. His brother at the USMA West point.

We had a wonderful time seeing them with last minute accomadations.

Same as in the Ship . They all will take your US Dollars. We had the largest suite on ships with only the two of us.. they gladly took our credit dollars..;)

On Travel Agencies ..make sure they are ASTA.

We have been booked with a balcony cabin for me, my husband and daughter. A few weeks ago, while checking prices a family balcony cabin popped up as an option for me after plugging in 3 guests. I immediately called my TA to switch our reservation to the family cabin. She was quoted a price for us, but at some point the RC rep realized that it was supposed to be for a minimum of 5 guests. Today, the family balcony popped up again for me and I just went ahead and booked it online- paid the deposit and got a confirmation email with no problems. Do I have anything to be concerned about with RC- would/could they cancel it? I don't want to have my TA cancel our original reservation until I'm sure this new one will stick.

We booked a family suite aboard Freedom with only three (DW,DD & I) and had no problem. I was surprised that it was offered online since normally the minimum number is five. As Clarea mentioned, sometimes they drop the minimum in order to fill a cabin.

Enjoy your family suite!

Once they allow you to book that is it they cannot change the booking unless you agree. If the system allows 1 person traveling alone to book a family suite that is it, they get the family suite. Royal can ask you to change or move but it is your choice.

Thanks so much for all of the responses! I feel much more comfortable now. One follow up question, what is the process to transfer a reservation to a TA? I assume that they (the TA or RC) don't cancel and rebook it, correct?

Thanks so much for all of the responses! I feel much more comfortable now. One follow up question, what is the process to transfer a reservation to a TA? I assume that they (the TA or RC) don't cancel and rebook it, correct?

No cancelling/rebooking. There is a transfer form that you fill out, sign, and submit to the TA. The TA can then get the booking transferred. You can probably find the right form by Googling it, or someone here who has used it recently may just post a link for you.

Edited by Paul65

Here is a hyperthetical question:

If RCL allows 2 of us book a Royal Family suite. If we also book an inside cabin for 2. Could all 4 of us stay in the royal suite for the duration?

Here is a hyperthetical question:

If RCL allows 2 of us book a Royal Family suite. If we also book an inside cabin for 2. Could all 4 of us stay in the royal suite for the duration?

I don't see why not. My first thought was "why?," but I guess sometimes the 3rd/4th person rates in a suite may be higher than the normal rates for an inside. Not always the case, but sometimes.

The more I think about it, though, perhaps your question is whether they would officially let the other two transfer to the suite and have Seapass cards that open the suite and identify them as suite guests, with the attending privileges. I'm not so sure about that.

Edited by Paul65