Cigarettes Onboard

august1963

My husband smokes, I do not. However he always gets the 5 carton special and smokes part on trip. Rest are spread among other adults in party when coming back through customs.

The ship had offered a price guarantee and we always checked around in the ports. Could not find cheaper than ship.

We do the same for purchasing Crown Royal too.

Savings for year normally pays part of cruise😚

It depends where you cruise to and how many cigarettes you can bring back.

When coming home from the Caribbean you can bring back 5 cartons per person. (I have been doing this for the last 25 years, both land and sea)

Bermuda and Canada are 1 carton per person.

You can buy as many as you want on the ship. Marlboro's and Parliaments were $35.00 a carton on Splendor last year.

First, it's a "ship", not a "boat". Second, there is a limit to how many cartons you can buy on board. I believe it's a limit of four cartons per person.

did you ever watch the LOVE BOAT series on tv? or was it called the LOVE SHIP?:D

What ever floats your boat. :D or is it ship? i'm sure someone will correct me. :D:p

The 5 cartons thru customs duty free only applies if your ship docks in the USVI, St. Thomas for example, and you buy I think it's 4 cartons there. You can check the customs allowances at the customs website. Sorry, don't have a link. Otherwise duty free is 200 hundred cigarettes pp over 18.

So, am I just reading this incorrectly? Cigarettes are CHEAPER on the boat than at home??

I pay $6.50ish per pack here and was planning on taking plenty because I smoke more when I drink and rarely drink when not on vacation, so, I wanted to be ready.

I remember when cigarettes were $3 here, we went to Vegas for our honeymmon 12 years ago and they were $7 per pack.

So, if they're cheaper there, I may just not stock up before hand.

Lucky you!! We lay here in NYC $12-13 a pack!!

Packs are $11.00 here in Yonkers, NY. I always stock up onboard. The only problem is I smoke Newports, and the ones bought onboard, or on the islands are heavier with menthol than the ones states side.

But at that price point, it's really hard for me to skip.

($4.00 a pack.... sheesh!!!)

The cigarettes sold onboard are the same as here. They are from Virginia, North Carolina... And it depends on what Island you buy from, St Thomas is the states tobacco ,and many other are from Switzerland which is very strong.

Packs are $11.00 here in Yonkers, NY. I always stock up onboard. The only problem is I smoke Newports, and the ones bought onboard, or on the islands are heavier with menthol than the ones states side.

But at that price point, it's really hard for me to skip.

($4.00 a pack.... sheesh!!!)

I live in Yonkers now to.