Where is your favorite spot on Adventure?

Sky616

We will be on Adventure in 19 days. Besides your balcony where is your favorite spot to do well anything? Could be people watch, have a drink, look at the sea or anything.

Our cruise on Adventure last August was my favorite cruise so far, I hope you guys have a great time! We weren't on the ship enough to develop a favorite spot. We literally ate, slept and showered on the ship and that was about it. We did have an hour or two each day to hang out (if we weren't taking naps before dinner after a long beach day in the sun), and we would explore the ship, but generally did something different each time. I did usually fit in a run around the track on the deck above the pool deck every day, either in the morning before we got to port or in the evening when we got back, and I really enjoyed the view up there. It was always the perfect temperature (even when it was humid and a bit hot for running). The views of the islands and the ocean and the sunrise and sunset are fantastic up there, and it was never super crowded (except when we left port and people would stand up there for 15 min or so). If I were to have more time on the ship I could see myself sitting up there and soaking in the heat and fresh air. I don't tend to like being inside as much because the air conditioning is too cold for me, and I love the outdoor spots.

PS- I am a rare and unpopular vote for "don't waste your money on the balcony rooms" on this ship, for several reasons. First- if you're like us, and take this southern route to visit the ports and the beaches, then you won't be in your room much at all, and you'll be getting up early to get ready and have breakfast so you can get off the ship when it ports, which means you'll be viewing the islands from the windjammer or the pool deck anyway. Second- This route is hot and humid, so the rooms are extremely hot and humid when you have a balcony. Everything stays wet and there's a lot more rust complaints coming from people in the balcony rooms because of this. Our friends stayed in a balcony room and we stayed in a promenade (the first time we went without a balcony), their room was miserable every time we visited, it smelled because everyrhing was wet and it was humid and just felt gross. I know a lot of people disagree, or probably don't open their balcony doors as much as our friends did, and maybe that helps, but I personally was glad we had saved the thousand dollar price difference and stayed in an inside (promenade) and booked another promenade for the next cruise we have booked on Adventure next summer.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

We encountered some rain two weeks ago on Adventure. I liked the small movie theater, The Screening Room, for a diversion from the rain, deck 2 forward.

Also very quiet bar during the early afternoon is the Viking Crown Lounge on deck 14.

Having a refreshing adult beverage outside the pub on the Royal Promenade.

Yes I spent a quite a bit of time there on our only other cruise on this ship in 2006. They usually have a good musician in there too don't they? Sorry, it's been 10 years hard to remember from ship to ship.

Yes I spent a quite a bit of time there on our only other cruise on this ship in 2006. They usually have a good musician in there too don't they? Sorry, it's been 10 years hard to remember from ship to ship.

Yes, there is usually a musician in the evenings and sometimes during the day on sea days.

We will be on Adventure in 19 days. Besides your balcony where is your favorite spot to do well anything? Could be people watch, have a drink, look at the sea or anything.

Sky Bar for the daily sail away, and the Blue Note for a pre dinner cocktail.

Perhaps you will see me there.

Wow. 19 days. Can hardly wait.

Yeah...we'll be with ya on that cruise my friend...

Bob's idea to sit outside the pub in the Promenade is a good place to people watch. Odds are we'll be roaming the ship daily, enjoying the balcony cabin we have, and also dining with friends who are coming along too.

PS- I am a rare and unpopular vote for "don't waste your money on the balcony rooms" on this ship, for several reasons. First- if you're like us, and take this southern route to visit the ports and the beaches, then you won't be in your room much at all, and you'll be getting up early to get ready and have breakfast so you can get off the ship when it ports, which means you'll be viewing the islands from the windjammer or the pool deck anyway. Second- This route is hot and humid, so the rooms are extremely hot and humid when you have a balcony. Everything stays wet and there's a lot more rust complaints coming from people in the balcony rooms because of this. Our friends stayed in a balcony room and we stayed in a promenade (the first time we went without a balcony), their room was miserable every time we visited, it smelled because everyrhing was wet and it was humid and just felt gross. I know a lot of people disagree, or probably don't open their balcony doors as much as our friends did, and maybe that helps, but I personally was glad we had saved the thousand dollar price difference and stayed in an inside (promenade) and booked another promenade for the next cruise we have booked on Adventure next summer.

Hahaha!! Too funny.

Wow talk about an unsolicited and ridiculous post.......... I guess no one should ever get a balcony cabin in the Caribbean........:rolleyes: Somehow we've sailed the Caribbean for 10 years in balcony cabins and never had a hot, humid wet, gross cabin.......:rolleyes: Hint: if you close the balcony door the cabin won't be that way.......

Edited by bouhunter

We LOVED going to the helicopter pad. At port, it was a great vantage port to see the islands and watch people coming back to the ship. It was really great to sit out there at night and see all of the stars. There was hardly anyone ever there.

We also really enjoyed the Duck and Dog Pub. Have fun!

We LOVED going to the helicopter pad. At port, it was a great vantage port to see the islands and watch people coming back to the ship. It was really great to sit out there at night and see all of the stars. There was hardly anyone ever there.

We also really enjoyed the Duck and Dog Pub. Have fun!

On what deck can we access the helipad? Can we go out there anytime or just in port? I know on Oasis we were only allowed to go out there during the C&A invite which my son loved. But this time no kids.

On what deck can we access the helipad? Can we go out there anytime or just in port? I know on Oasis we were only allowed to go out there during the C&A invite which my son loved. But this time no kids.

Go outside on deck 4, head forward, up some stairs, continue forward to the helipad.

The helipad is open to guests virtually all the time. I've seen it closed when they feel the conditions are unsafe.

Go outside on deck 4, head forward, up some stairs, continue forward to the helipad.

The helipad is open to guests virtually all the time. I've seen it closed when they feel the conditions are unsafe.

Thank you Bob, we will be sure to go out there.

Thanks for everyone for the info. We're scheduled next year on this ship and I can't wait to hit all these new to me ports!

AZmike480

You're welcome and you're going on one of our favorite ships!

Hahaha!! Too funny.

Wow talk about an unsolicited and ridiculous post.......... I guess no one should ever get a balcony cabin in the Caribbean........:rolleyes: Somehow we've sailed the Caribbean for 10 years in balcony cabins and never had a hot, humid wet, gross cabin.......:rolleyes: Hint: if you close the balcony door the cabin won't be that way.......

Surprise surprise, bouhunter has another passive aggressive response to a post, lol. the reason I wrote that was because I know when people are planning for a trip, they read all the posts about the ship they're interested in booking, and sometimes when people ask questions, the people who are reading it wish there was more info in the replies because they want to soak up all the info. So I was simply writing that because the original post mentioned balcony cabins, & I know that the question about balcony vs inside gets asked a lot, so since it was mentioned on this post about a ship that I had an opinion on (and as I said in that post, it was just my unpopular opinion), I mentioned it. I also said that closing the door probably helps with that. Do you actually read the posts or do you just jump on the first thing you can be a d- about? Anyway, not that I needed to even respond to your post, but I realize that sometimes it's hard for you to think out of the box before you jump on people for every slight that makes you angry. Hope that helps you sleep a little better ;)

Edited by ColoradoGurl