Earliest you had your guarantee room assigned

Orangepost-it

We are already so antsy for our Thanksgiving cruise. Prices have skyrocketed and there seems to be limited inside rooms left already.

When is the earliest you have been assigned a room before the cruise? I check too often because I'm just excited and it's only March :(

Any Epic ship stories and must-dos also welcome :D - we are more than excited to make friends and take full advantage of our UBP. Hello scotch :rolleyes:

I booked a GTY mini-suite on the getaway for May 22nd. I booked over a month ago and still no cabin assignment. I am so excited to cruise already that I check almost every day. Nothing yet...I was hoping maybe they would assign cabins soon. It is the 60 day mark today!!!

We just got upgraded to a BX GTY last week and we are 18 days out and have not been assigned our cabin yet.

Is it typical for it to be so close to sailing without an actual cabin assigned?

We were upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite guarantee about two weeks ago and just got our room yesterday and we sail this Saturday on The Escape. I was nervous about making the right decision but I am happy with the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been booked for 10/8 sailing on the escape for almost 2 months, completely paid off and no cabin assignment yet. I figure the longer I have no cabin, the better chance I have of being upgraded. Or maybe that's just what I'm telling myself to keep from going crazy LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it typical for it to be so close to sailing without an actual cabin assigned?

Yes, it is typical that the cabin will be assigned some time between booking/upgrading and boarding. ;)

To OP: The standard answer to this question is that guarantees are assigned anytime between booking and boarding - other than that, nobody can give you any info relevant to your situation, not even people on the same cruise as different reservations can be assigned at different times.

The planner in me is going nuts LOL

While it's awesome that we have a balcony, I really want to be near the Aft elevators as mid-aft is much more convenient for us. And, I'd really like to be between decks 11-13. I'll probably end up with the most forward cabin there is over the 5 O'clock bar LOL

Gah!!

And I agree that the planner in me is going crazy! I'm ok with an inside room (that's why we booked a guarantee) , but I can dream! The balcony rooms and inside rooms right now are only ~150$ apart somehow (pp raw rate). The price has almost tripled for our inside room!

November can't come fast enough!

I booked a GTY mini-suite on the getaway for May 22nd. I booked over a month ago and still no cabin assignment. I am so excited to cruise already that I check almost every day. Nothing yet...I was hoping maybe they would assign cabins soon. It is the 60 day mark today!!!

Hey Breezy! I'm on your cruise too! Come back over to the roll call, we are organizing a meet & greet and a cabin crawl! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2226462

Edited by Time4wine

I booked an OCEAN VIEW GTY online last January and got my room assignment the very next day. Unfortunately I was assigned an INSIDE cabin.

So I called NCL and had to talk to a real person who quickly reassigned me to an ocean view room midship, lowest deck (the most stable location).

After booking 20+ cruises, I've found that when you get your room assignment right away, you usually don't get upgraded.

Edited by JohnChiang