Honolulu - Transportation to these 4 places ?

splitpeaz

I will be arriving in Honolulu via Princess Cruises and would like to go to: Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Koko Crater & see the Halona Blowhole.

From what I have read, parking can be a very difficult at all these locations so Im looking for another mode of transportation. Any suggestions? :)

I will be arriving in Honolulu via Princess Cruises and would like to go to: Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Koko Crater & see the Halona Blowhole.

From what I have read, parking can be a very difficult at all these locations so Im looking for another mode of transportation. Any suggestions? :)

Aloha,

The distance from the pier and/or airport to those locations is a little far for a taxi (or even uber). I assume this is spread out over multiple days? If so, I would say rental car would be your best bet! :) They're all, give or take, next to each other. But each one can take hours to do with parking/rest time factored in. Also note that Hanauma Bay is closed every Tuesday. Parking fills up extremely quickly at some locations throughout the day. What day(s) will you be here? Could possibly help you with best times to go!

P.S.-Koko Crater is intense! Bless your soul. I'm not in the best of shape admittedly, but that hike was so harsh I could only make it half way up. You will feel a burn for days. If you're an experienced hiker, then it'll be a nice but manageable challenge haha. As a local, I've only ever tried it once and don't plan on doing so until I lose a few more pounds and prep for it :cool:

Hope this helped! Let us know if you have any more questions!

I will be arriving in Honolulu via Princess Cruises and would like to go to: Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Koko Crater & see the Halona Blowhole. From what I have read, parking can be a very difficult at all these locations so Im looking for another mode of transportation. Any suggestions? :)

Aloha! Presently toughing it out in Waikiki sitting in the sunshine watching the waves roll onto the beach near Kalakaua and Kapahulu Avenues. Can see Diamond Head a coupla miles away to the north. If you have the time, look at TheBus.org. The Honolulu bus system is pretty good. We've taken it to Diamond Head. Koko Head crater is a few miles further away from Diamond Head along Route 72 as is the Halona Blowhole. Give TheBus a 'look see'. Good luck...

We'll be there Friday May 6th 7am-11pm so Hanauma Bay will be open which is awesome!

Im a fairly good hiker in good shape but Im realizing that I cant do both in the time have have. Might be best just to tackle Diamond Head this trip :)

My husbands wants to rent a vehicle. Are there certain times we shouldn't plan on being downtown to avoid being stuck in traffic?

Since we are there in the evening, do you have any suggestions on local/free entertainment along (or close to) Waikiki Beach?

Thanks in advance.

We'll be there Friday May 6th 7am-11pm so Hanauma Bay will be open which is awesome!

Im a fairly good hiker in good shape but Im realizing that I cant do both in the time have have. Might be best just to tackle Diamond Head this trip :)

My husbands wants to rent a vehicle. Are there certain times we shouldn't plan on being downtown to avoid being stuck in traffic?

Since we are there in the evening, do you have any suggestions on local/free entertainment along (or close to) Waikiki Beach?

Thanks in advance.

Aloha! The climb up Diamond Head is fairly easy apart from the 99 or so steps at the top. Should be no problem at all. Traffic can be a challenge especially due to all the construction going on along Waikiki; however, unless there's a parade -as there is this evening - all streets should be open. Parking can also be challenging and quite pricey. Check local websites to get info for the time you are here. There are shows that's occur during the week but once again check local sites for details.

Thanks in advance.

Aloha! The climb up Diamond Head is fairly easy apart from the 99 or so steps at the top. Should be no problem at all. Traffic can be a challenge especially due to all the construction going on along Waikiki; however, unless there's a parade -as there is this evening - all streets should be open. Parking can also be challenging and quite pricey. Check local websites to get info for the time you are here. There are shows that occur during the week but once again check local sites for details.

We don't rent cars on cruises (my hubby's big rule) but in Honolulu on our three Hawaiian cruises, we have utilized taxis, the local bus, our feet, and even a limo, once (we shared one to the Ala Moana shopping center with two other couples)

Just wanted to say, the Princess RTs are excellent! Our last three cruises were on Princess and we were fortunate to have Elua as the Hawaiian cultural ambassadors on the last two.