"Liquid Alaska Tours" company

overachiever532

I apologize. You are correct. Apparently this company does operate the tour rather than act as a broker. I made an incorrect assumption because Above and Beyond Alaska runs almost the identical tour.

Ya I know, above and beyond does offer a similar tour, I saw that; the Mendenhall glacier trek. This tour also takes people in the caves also. It's just a longer hike, just without the canoeing to the glacier. Ya I went on both websites, liquidalaskatours.com and Alaska-shore excursions.com and both list the Mendenhall ice cave tour at the same price, $289

I ended up booking with Alaskan Shore Excursions and had an amazing time. I did the helicopter to the dogsled camp and it was the most incredible experience. Worth every penny, amazing customer service, couldn't have been happier.

Hi there, when did you book with Alaskashoreexcursions? Can you tell me about your experience? Did the guides meet you in front of your ship?

Ya I know, above and beyond does offer a similar tour, I saw that; the Mendenhall glacier trek. This tour also takes people in the caves also. It's just a longer hike, just without the canoeing to the glacier. Ya I went on both websites, liquidalaskatours.com and Alaska-shore excursions.com and both list the Mendenhall ice cave tour at the same price, $289

At the same price and tour, Liquids tour is an hour shorter. Both Above and Beyond and Liquid have only been offering this tour 1 season. (yes I verified this with my "research" and contacts).

What you booked fits in well with your schedule, I'm sure you will greatly enjoy it. Certainly your review will offer some first hand information that will be helpful to others, since I have very strong suspicions that some of those "reviews" are planted. Just way unlikely all those low number of post people. Come on, no other reviews by those people in 9 months??????

At the same price and tour, Liquids tour is an hour shorter. Both Above and Beyond and Liquid have only been offering this tour 1 season. (yes I verified this with my "research" and contacts).

What you booked fits in well with your schedule, I'm sure you will greatly enjoy it. Certainly your review will offer some first hand information that will be helpful to others, since I have very strong suspicions that some of those "reviews" are planted. Just way unlikely all those low number of post people. Come on, no other reviews by those people in 9 months??????

Do you have a suspicion that this is a fake company and I will get screwed over? Like something will happen like my ship will dock, and there will be no tour guides to greet me?

Do you have a suspicion that this is a fake company and I will get screwed over? Like something will happen like my ship will dock, and there will be no tour guides to greet me?

I am not saying that. I have verified they operate. But, I think some of those reviews are fluff and not from actual customers. All that I am saying.

I am not saying that. I have verified they operate. But, I think some of those reviews are fluff and not from actual customers. All that I am saying.

Really, but quite a bit of them go into detail, mentioning names of your guides and stuff. I think the reason why there hasn't been a review since September of last year is because it involves canoeing. And of course, you cannot go canoeing on a frozen solid lake during the winter time lol!

But I wanna thank you for varifying that they operate, that was kind of you.

I have been emailing them, and they said that there is going to be one or two guides there at the port to greet me

Really, but quite a bit of them go into detail, mentioning names of your guides and stuff. I think the reason why there hasn't been a review since September of last year is because it involves canoeing. And of course, you cannot go canoeing on a frozen solid lake during the winter time lol!

But I wanna thank you for varifying that they operate, that was kind of you.

I have been emailing them, and they said that there is going to be one or two guides there at the port to greet me

Correct this tour isn't operating off season. My "time" mention was about the posters. several, haven't posted any other "review". Which is unusual to have so many with one vendor. Usually there are additional reviews, hotels, dining, other tours, that people write about. Too many of these just stopped.

Correct this tour isn't operating off season. My "time" mention was about the posters. several, haven't posted any other "review". Which is unusual to have so many with one vendor. Usually there are additional reviews, hotels, dining, other tours, that people write about. Too many of these just stopped.

That's an interesting observation, an interesting experiment I was thinking is to check back on the trip advisor website at the end of May and see if anyone has posted a review, what do you think?

I would suggest that you go to the "Travel Juneau" site-

https://www.traveljuneau.com/

This is the non-profit organization that promotes travel and tourism to our community. They has associated members, that are tourist businesses in our community and those close to us. Their members are "real businesses" -

The folks that greet visitors at the cruise terminal, small kiosk by dock, come on the ship, are at the airports, and ferry terminal, are local volunteers. We are full time residents of Juneau. There are approximately 200 people that volunteer their time throughout the summer months to assist people that come to visit our community. They do not "work" for any of the vendors, their only motivation is to promote our community and assist visitors. We take very seriously if there are any "fake" businesses. Please check out the web site, it can give you much information.

I would suggest that you go to the "Travel Juneau" site-

https://www.traveljuneau.com/

This is the non-profit organization that promotes travel and tourism to our community. They has associated members, that are tourist businesses in our community and those close to us. Their members are "real businesses" -

The folks that greet visitors at the cruise terminal, small kiosk by dock, come on the ship, are at the airports, and ferry terminal, are local volunteers. We are full time residents of Juneau. There are approximately 200 people that volunteer their time throughout the summer months to assist people that come to visit our community. They do not "work" for any of the vendors, their only motivation is to promote our community and assist visitors. We take very seriously if there are any "fake" businesses. Please check out the web site, it can give you much information.

Thank you very much for sending that link. I am very much looking forward to my excursion in junieau in July with liquid Alaska tours :). Doing the Mendenhall glacier ice adventure

• 4 months later...

While I was researching Liquid Alaska, I found this recent thread and figured that I would respond. Liquid Alaska runs tours and has real people. They are not just brokers. However, those tours are out of Seward and their specialty is kayak tours and paddle board tours through glaciers. They have their own jet boats that get you to spots others don't.

I have researched them and they look great and they have videos of how they train their guides. They have relationships with other companies in Alaska, so I wouldn't call them just a broker. However, I would agree that you might as want to engage directly with the local company doing a tour.

This is the tour we're doing with them next June and I can't wait.

in Seward.

However you phrase it, when you sell other companies' tours, you're acting as a broker.

Actually, I made a mistake. Liquid Alaska is a broker. I have no idea where they are based. Liquid Adventures is a real operating company base in Seward. They aren't a broker. They will only book you on a tour with an affiliate to save you money if you book multiple excursions with them and their affiliates.

The names of the companies are alike but they have nothing to do with each other. One's a broker and the other runs kayak and paddle tours of glaciers in Seward and Kenai region.