Equinox Balcony stateroom

andrea2609

I'm about to book a cruise on Equinox, sailing the 6th of August from Rome (Civitavecchia).

I'm a bit confused abt the room category (I'm looking for a balcony room): I understood there are Aqua class and concierge class....is there also a "standard" balcony stateroom, without having those extra amenities, etc?

If so, is the size of this room smaller than Aqua or Concierge?

I enjoyed a balcony stateroom on Oasis of The Seas last year: how's the size compared to this one??

Thanks a lot for your help

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

All staterooms from insides up to suites are identical in size. If you want a standard balcony, which are the best value in my opinion, you need category 1A (triple or double size balcony) , 1B, 1C, 2A, or 2B, all of which are identical and vary only in location, or 2C/2D, which are partially obstructed by the top of the lifeboat either at the floor of the balcony or at the rail of the balcony.

To further clarify, aqua class and concierge class are identical in size to standard balconies But just have a few extra amenities, some of are much better sounding than in reality (things like priority boarding and priority seating in the dining room are pretty much meaningless) and the only real difference is in aqua class you have a dedicated dining room called blue which features theoretically healthier alternatives but in reality I don't think that's true. It's just different food from the regular dining room. A lot of people like it a lot of people don't really care

I'm about to book a cruise on Equinox, sailing the 6th of August from Rome (Civitavecchia).

I'm a bit confused abt the room category (I'm looking for a balcony room): I understood there are Aqua class and concierge class....is there also a "standard" balcony stateroom, without having those extra amenities, etc?

If so, is the size of this room smaller than Aqua or Concierge?

Yes, you can have a standard verandah stateroom without the exta perks that are offered with the Concierge or Aqua. There are different prices for these depending what deck you choose and whether it is mid ship, forward or aft. All verandah rooms are the same size about 195sq ft. Never cruised Oasis so I couldn't comment on the similarites.

Some people book staterooms with more perks and more points. CC and AQ and Suites cost more, have more points for Captain's Club, but the cabins in CC and AQ are the same size, except for some on the M class ships.

You can save a lot by just choosing one of the regular cabins mentioned above...

Edited by Lastdance

Andrea,

I did standard verandah on Equinox twice (same cabin both times)...when I first walked in, I thought I was on Oasis...with the exception of the storage over the beds on Equinox, the cabins are just about identical.

Enjoy!

Susan

Andrea,

I did standard verandah on Equinox twice (same cabin both times)...when I first walked in, I thought I was on Oasis...with the exception of the storage over the beds on Equinox, the cabins are just about identical.

Enjoy!

Susan

Thanks Suzan!

I will definitely enjoy my next cruise...

I understood you cruised twice on this ship, and u know Oasis as well...so I'd have another question: on Oasis, it was never an issue to find lounge chairs or enough room in swimming pools or jacuzzi, and I particularly enjoyed this. The ship was fully booked but we always found our "place", even for a bite in any of the bars, etc.

...how would your rate Equinox, then...?

...how would your rate Equinox, then...?

We have sailed on the Equinox the last 2 Novembers, excellent cruises!

FYI,

Make sure and call Capt Club and get your C&A status cross referenced. You will get a 1 category upgrade, pay for a 1B, get a 1A. We were on deck 8 in a 1A in 2014 on the angle of the hump, which has a larger balcony.

EW

I loved Equinox...after our first trip (Mediterranean in 2013), we cancelled a booked cruise on the Royal Princess and went back to Equinox (Caribbean in 2015). Love it enough to be travelling on Solstice next month; my understanding is that is the "sister" ship to Equinox so it should be just about identical. On a couple of the days, we were able to get chairs on the pool deck...but if not, there are plenty of other places to grab a chair. You will love it! And I did love Oasis...I look forward to sailing on her again.

Susan