What is acceptable attire In MDR for Breakfast and Lunch on Oasis of the Seas? Etc

Hi there.

My girlfriend and I will be on the Oasis of the Seas at the end of the month and have searched this forum for dining options and are a bit undecided about where to eat and how to dress where. We are looking for some answers about a few dining related questions.

We have made our My Time Dining reservations for the American Icon grille and may go to Chops for another dinner and maybe Windjammer Buffet for assorted other times through the day.

Any suggestions/tips for the Windjammer buffet?

We generally know about the accepted attire for Chops and the Dining Room during Dinner and believe that shorts and a reasonable shirt/polo shirt in the Windjammer at dinner would be fine. Are we correct?

What is the accepted attire for Breakfast and Lunch should we decide to eat in the Dining Room then? Any suggestions/comments about eating there during those times?

I assume most other restaurants shorts are fine? I.e Johnny Rockets and Cafe Promenade and Wipeout cafe (is a bathing suit and shirt fine here?)

Where are the frozen yogurt machines onboard? Any recommendations for snacks?

Finally; where would you recommend eating on embarkation day to avoid the crowds?

Thanks very much.

MDR: Most mornings we ate in the MDR and wore shorts and flip flops, that's fine for lunch too. I don't know what the "official" recommended attire is, but I never felt out of place. People wore ripped, skin tight jeans to dinner so I felt like shorts were fine for breakfast lol.

We liked the breakfast, there are normal breakfast stuff and then they have a theme each day, like one day was chocolate themed- everyone loved the choc banana bread.

WJ: We don't like buffets so we avoided the Windjammer, except one morning before an early excursion and lunch a couple days. It's casual so shorts and flip flops are fine. I also ran up there from the pool to grab fries and wore a cover up, it was fine. Breakfast was fine but I hated lunch, everything was cold which I thought was weird since it was always packed so I would have thought turnover was good. We never ate dinner there.

Wipeout: wear anything. It's quick service like hamburgers at lunch. I don't think we ever went for breakfast, so I'm not sure what they have.

JR: we ate breakfast there, it was good, just a basic menu but the guys liked the egg sandwiches.

Frozen yogurt is between the pools. Snacks are good in Cafe Promenade and the Park Cafe

We are lunch at Park Cafe on embarkation day- I think it's hit or miss as far as crowds go. When we got there it was empty, but it quickly got packed and then was dead again (we hung out in Central Park for a while and crowd watched). I really liked the make your own salad there, they had some different stuff compared to a regular salad bar.

I think that's put opinion about what you asked. We were on Oasis last August and we're excited to go back in June.

We've only done breakfast once in the dining room and it was much more casual then dinner (obviously) I wore a swimsuit and cover up, but it's really more of a cotton dress that I could wear regularly and my husband wore his trunks with a tshirt, but again his trunks look like more shorts. I would say just don't go in there with just your swimsuit on or dripping wet (although in my head that would be a given) but casual attire seemed to be the norm. Johnny Rockets and the windjammer would most likely be even more casual, where swimsuits and tshirt are everywhere (or cover ups for ladies)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by KG1924

for dinner time, is a polo shirt and jeans acceptable in MDR? thanks

Should be fine. I usually pack a pair of "designer" jeans for evening dining (along with a selection of polo and button-up casual shirts), but the jeans are really nothing special.