All aboard time at ports of call

Hi,

I am trying to plan our schedule for our days in port on our upcoming Anthem cruise. I'm wondering how soon before the various departure times that we will have to be back on the ship? Is it a set amount of time prior to the scheduled departure at every port stop, or might it vary?

Thank you!

Hi,

I am trying to plan our schedule for our days in port on our upcoming Anthem cruise. I'm wondering how soon before the various departure times that we will have to be back on the ship? Is it a set amount of time prior to the scheduled departure at every port stop, or might it vary?

Thank you!

All aboard is usually 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.

We plan our day based upon the length of time we will be in each Port and keep any tours under 4 hours so we are able upon our return have time to walk around the Port City if we wish and be back on board no later then 1 hour before departure. Most cases we are back on the ship 2 hours before. If we are in Port 10 hours i avoid any tour or activity that will keep us out 7/8 hours.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Ensure your watch is on ships time before leaving the ship. If it's a tender port and more than one ship is there make sure you confirm the last time for your ships tender. I was in Cayman Islands and there was a Carnival ship also there and each ship had separate tenders.

Do NOT allow yourself to become a "missing the ship" statistic (there's more than enough videos displaying such, and they will not turn back for you). If you are going off on your own, maybe on a private tour, be conservative with time, and plan your arrival back no less than one hour before departure. Unless you are on a ship-sponsored tour, the ship WILL leave without you if you are delayed.

Indeed, keep your watch on ship time, and do not use your cell phone for this, regardless of any settings you might use on it to prevent time zone changes. Whether a Timex or a Rolex, they will not let you down!

Forget the 1/2 hour, that's just your buffer, and it may not be enough if an unforeseen delay occurs.

Enjoy your cruise! :)