Regal Princess - Scandinavia and Russia July 2016

dee66

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done this cruise last year and can provide feedback. Looking for information on good port excursions, how exhausting were they, how is the cruise for kids aged 10-12 years old, breakdown of type of passengers on the ship, etc.

We have done both Princess and Disney cruises so we are familiar with cruising but looking for more specific information on this cruise and the ship as we have not been on the Regal Princess.

As always thanks for the information.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done this cruise last year and can provide feedback. Looking for information on good port excursions, how exhausting were they, how is the cruise for kids aged 10-12 years old, breakdown of type of passengers on the ship, etc.

We have done both Princess and Disney cruises so we are familiar with cruising but looking for more specific information on this cruise and the ship as we have not been on the Regal Princess.

As always thanks for the information.

We have not done this cruise on the Regal but we did just cruise and did a photo review on the Regal which may help with the ship :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2320153

We were going to do this cruise in June with our 13 yo grandson . However , we did change to the Celebrity Eclipse as they spend 3 days in St. Petersburg , our favorite port in the Baltic . We had been there several times and will be glad to answer any questions that we can . You can also find other info here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

And you may also want to check with the roll call for your ship's specific cruise date . ;)

We did this Baltic cruise May last year. Weather was fine for walking except the rain in Oslo.

We did a 2-day tour of St. Petersburg with a tour agency. It was well worth it. Your tour voucher serves as your Russia visa. Lots of known (history books) places to visit on the 2 full day. Wear your walking shoes, and make sure to hold on to your kids, especially at the Hermitage museum. We got lost in the crowd and took a while for us to rejoin the group.

The tulips were a wonderful sight throughtout the cruise.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

We did this Baltic cruise May last year. Weather was fine for walking except the rain in Oslo.

We did a 2-day tour of St. Petersburg with a tour agency. It was well worth it. Your tour voucher serves as your Russia visa. Lots of known (history books) places to visit on the 2 full day. Wear your walking shoes, and make sure to hold on to your kids, especially at the Hermitage museum. We got lost in the crowd and took a while for us to rejoin the group.

The tulips were a wonderful sight throughtout the cruise.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Now I am really excited. Hope they are out for our cruise June 14.

We did this cruise on the Royal two years ago....we are also doing it again in July of 2017. It is an amazing cruise. We did all of our excursions through Princess, and will probably do the same this time as well. As far as excursions, the one I will recommend is the full 2-day St Petersburg experience with the evening event. That one was simply amazing. Since we did that last time, we are going to attempt to do the Moscow trip this time.

bassmaster,

We too are going on this cruise at the end of May. like you we have decided to do the shore excursion in Russia with princess. We are also doing the 2 day with the night event included. One question: do you remember what they served at the lunches and the dinner? I have some food issues and must be careful. I contacted princess and they said talk to shore excursion staff once on ship.

Thanks,

Debbie

Honestly I cannot remember everything as it was 2 years ago. I know that there was some awesome bread...like a dark bread...there was also Vodka...but for the life of me I cannot remember the main course on any of our meals....my apologies. In Stockholm, we did have Swedish Meatballs which were absolutely amazing....but just a hint.....we did the Fjords of Norway last year, and had some Norwegian meatballs, and those were way better. :-)

We are wondering if anyone out there has been on this cruise or has visited theBaltic in the past? We are looking forward to the trip. Has anyone put together a meet and greet. We had one on our South Pacific cruise with Crystal cruises and it was great getting ti know your shipmates.we are looking into the Alla Grand St. Peters erg tour. It,s 2 days . The more people to book the less expensive the cost for the tour. Anything in Berlin? The wall, check point Charlie ? We're all ears. It seems to be better working as a group on these tours.

We are wondering if anyone out there has been on this cruise or has visited theBaltic in the past? We are looking forward to the trip. Has anyone put together a meet and greet. We had one on our South Pacific cruise with Crystal cruises and it was great getting ti know your shipmates.we are looking into the Alla Grand St. Peters erg tour. It,s 2 days . The more people to book the less expensive the cost for the tour. Anything in Berlin? The wall, check point Charlie ? We're all ears. It seems to be better working as a group on these tours.

For your meet & greet and group excursions, you can join your roll call here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/

We were on the Baltic cruise last year. We had SPB For our 2 day St. Petersburg tour. It was well worth it.

We did not take the Berlin tour. We find the 3-hour travel time one way (6hrs R/T) too much for just a day trip. But we heard others who did enjoyed it.

Enjoy your cruise!