Packing for July Baltic cruise

I did the Baltics in September 2006. It did rain then in SP. We had packed mini umbrellas and were fine with those. I think that was the only place we had rain. Otherwise, the trip was fantastic. You are going to love it!

As always weather is very unpredictable. We did the Baltics in July and hit temperatures upwards of 90 F. Was actually an issue in St P as many things were not air conditioned, including much of the Hermitage. Many of us were surprised that it was not AC'd if only to protect the art, much less the Patrons.

Check weather futures as late as you can but be prepared to layer on and off.

Once when I was in St. P it rained because it was very hot and humid. I would suggest layers in case it gets warm - the Baltic region is not into a/c. I've been there three times in August and encountered heat waves each time. It's a wonderful itinerary with many things to see and do. In St. P, Yusupov Palace is especially interesting, my favorite after Peterhof and Catherine's and the Hermitage. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Have done the Baltic twice (July and August). Both time the weather ranged from Sunny and Warm to Cool and Raining. We always pack layers and make sure an umbrella and/or rain coat is included.

We have also done the Baltic cruise in July. I would ditto RickT's experience and advice about clothing. We really enjoyed all the extra hours of daylight at that time of the year. For example,on July 1 of this year in St.P, the sun will rise at 3:43 a.m. and not set until 10:23 p.m. Enjoy!