OMG What Have We Done????

I have no connection to Carnival, but am just tired of people knocking them. If it was supposed to be funny it wasn't. I have never been on them and probably never will because I don't think they would be a good fit for us. Your comment of meds, how very grown up of you. :roll eyes: Maybe someone just needs to keep something shut and yes, I did just stoop down to your level.

You can make all the comments you want if it makes you feel better, but I will no longer waste my time coming back to this thread.

You are correct, it is what makes one feel better and if it doesn't for for you it is time to move on. Humour isn't for everyone and obviously returning to this thread hasn't changed yours.

You may as well save these 10 minutes of your life you'll never get back. On the other hand, there are many that this thread will bring joy too. There is no need to try and understand what our twisted souls must endure to find pleasure from John's words, but rest assured we will be having fun.

It must be our meds.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I have no connection to Carnival, but am just tired of people knocking them. If it was supposed to be funny it wasn't. I have never been on them and probably never will because I don't think they would be a good fit for us. Your comment of meds, how very grown up of you. :roll eyes: Maybe someone just needs to keep something shut and yes, I did just stoop down to your level.

You can make all the comments you want if it makes you feel better, but I will no longer waste my time coming back to this thread.

Gee ANOTHER Christmas card I won't get.

Good luck to you. We will both survive.

Gee ANOTHER Christmas card I won't get.

Good luck to you. We will both survive.

John, you just have to remember Mozart isn't for everyone. Some people will Bach at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD............

JG - How DARE you make fun of "that" cruiseline. Wah wah wah. It's called humor people and some of us dare to make it a part of our everyday existence.

I can't wait for this review - in the meantime, I'm going to go read that Victory review.

I too miss SailorJack. How dare he have a life that doesn't involve cruising?

If you go into an experience being negative then that experience will be negative. You might as well go into in with an open mind and see what happens.

As you can see, I have sailed Carnivla and pretty much have always had a great time...preferable to my X cruise TBH. Choosing RCL for an impromptu birthday trip as Carnival isn't around UK parts in May.

I am pretty sure most people on the boat will enjoy it...maybe you might be one of them. ;)

Less than a month after the pretty much successful Kiss Goodbye to Majesty we decided we would like a Canada cruise in September.

Last night we booked it on.......wait for it.........CARNIVAL.:eek:

The reasons are many even if the intelligence is questionable.

1) It leaves from New York so NO TSA, NO airports, NO ground transfers and NO night before hotel.

2) It is less expensive by several hundred dollars for the same balcony cabin on NCL or Royal. I consider this a mission to find out if it's also cheaper.

3) It goes where we want to go. It has been years since we went to Canada in September and we miss not seeing tall the sights we could have seen if we could have seen them through the fog.

4) Based on our one other Carnival fun ship (Victory - 2007, see my sig for that one) there will be enough disasters to make my next review truly demented. I tell people all the time that it's much harder to be funny when things go perfectly. This time I'll have an entire huge corporation working for me.

So it appears there will be another set of crazed rants and ravings in September but it will be "over there". I'll put a link here for the truly strange and weird who follow my little ramblings.

Been thinking about this myself. Obviously I don't have that much loyalty to RCI because I'm new, but waiting for the schedule to come out for Sept/Oct '17 so I can book NE/Canada. I just want it booked already. The NE/Canada area is such a beautiful place. That or NCL.

Edited by skycomb

Been reading reviews of Sunshine just for fun. They are, quite typically, all over the place.

We haven't done Carnival since we did the Canada trip in 2007. Anyone reading that old screed will know what to expect in the next one. We shall see.

We enjoyed both the Destiny and the Sunshine, although it is very crowded now if sailing full, due to the extra cabins.

We sail CCL for typically great rate (military), itinerary & price. As my Dad would say "it's a good value for the dollar". No bells & whistles, can always find something to good to eat and the drinks just keep coming. If they toss half moon cay into the itinerary = bonus points!

As long as you don't get a party-hearty crowd, you should be fine. That is, unless that's your thing.;)

hint line up for comedy club early, very popular & sight lines from many seats are lacking.

Edited by keishashadow

Making a note to check back for the review. We sailed Carnival once, while not a bad cruise we did have a couple minor snags. Nothing that left us saying "no way, never again" but enough for us to keep our preferences for other cruise lines.

If you go into an experience being negative then that experience will be negative. You might as well go into in with an open mind and see what happens.

As you can see, I have sailed Carnivla and pretty much have always had a great time...preferable to my X cruise TBH. Choosing RCL for an impromptu birthday trip as Carnival isn't around UK parts in May.

I am pretty sure most people on the boat will enjoy it...maybe you might be one of them. ;)

Nice to meet you.

Perhaps you should read any one of my reviews to better understand that I enjoy everything I do or else I don't do it. Part of the fun is pointing out the idiocies and screw ups of life. Cruises provide many of both.

Been thinking about this myself. Obviously I don't have that much loyalty to RCI because I'm new, but waiting for the schedule to come out for Sept/Oct '17 so I can book NE/Canada. I just want it booked already. The NE/Canada area is such a beautiful place. That or NCL.

We also looked at NCL out of NYC and Royal out of Boston.

NCL was several hundred dollars more expensive for the same category and Royal was the same price for 2 fewer days.

Good luck in your research.

Been reading reviews of Sunshine just for fun. They are, quite typically, all over the place.

We haven't done Carnival since we did the Canada trip in 2007. Anyone reading that old screed will know what to expect in the next one. We shall see.

It's interesting that as I entered CC, I had to decide which board to view first. I decided that my next cruise would more likely be with Royal. Truth, Celebrity is my new favorite.

I started with Carnival and still enjoy the Dream and Conquest class ships but have become accustomed to the wow of Royal. The big draw is the Royal Promenade. If its crappy outside (too hot, killer humidity or raining) the royal promenade is the place to be.

I suggest that you try all the other cruise lines, don't lock yourself out of great experiences and go with an open mind.

Good Sailing!

After reading this thread and your last review, I hope our paths cross at sea one day (thought they may not if you insist on cruising with THAT cruise line :rolleyes: )

You can join our trivia team any day - and may you enjoy your cruise as much as we enjoy reading about it.

Nice to meet you.

Perhaps you should read any one of my reviews to better understand that I enjoy everything I do or else I don't do it. Part of the fun is pointing out the idiocies and screw ups of life. Cruises provide many of both.

I did read a review (although not the CCL one), it was good.

I just don't think booking a fun ship should mean shocker/ sense of comedy doom.

Enjoy your cruise! I am looking forward to my first RCL cruise with the only worry that I don't get a robe in my cabin but I am sure my drinks package will make me forget that.

• 2 weeks later...
I could only imagine the rantings and ramblings we could have, with a few Jacks along the way. It would be a great self induced punishmnet to suffer with John, in a French Jesuit Mission type of way.

It would be even more painfull if there was no "ZOOMY" wifi.

You might want to join us on this trip. I just dared Sailor Jack to come. Can you imagine if that happens.

By the way, I am also trained by the psychological torturers known as Jesuits.:eek: The damage they did along the way to educating me (sort of) probably explains my reviews. At least, my wife blames them.:D