Anybody ever made up your own scavenger hunt for the cruise?

bluejay555

I want to make a game for my kids. Like, before the end of the cruise, they have to do certain things, taste certain things, take a pic of certain things...fill in the blank. I feel like it's this great idea in my head, but I don't know where to start! Anyone have any ideas or have done something like this before?

A roll call group I was in did this on a Celebrity ship and it was a lot of fun.

If you tell us which ship and children's ages I'm sure folks could offer suggestions.

1. Take your picture with a lifering showing the ship's name.

2. Find the hidden coin.

1. I'll second the ships coin.

2. Also somewhere on-board there will probably be a picture of the ships god mother breaking the chaplain bottle during the ship christening.

3. Everytime a ship visits a new port it hasn't been to before, the local mayor/governor will present the ship with a trophy plack welcoming the ship. See if they have find the trophy case so they can see all the places where the ship has been.

5. If you really want to drive them crazy, tell them to find deck 13. Tell them its a hidden deck that disappeared the first time the ship sailed into the Bermuda Triangle, every ship has one and it can only be found by the "worthy cruisers"(I know I'm mean):D

Edited by wo5m

A roll call group I was in did this on a Celebrity ship and it was a lot of fun.

If you tell us which ship and children's ages I'm sure folks could offer suggestions.

1. Take your picture with a lifering showing the ship's name.

2. Find the hidden coin.

We will be on the Dream, and my girls are 9 and 11. Thanks!

1. I'll second the ships coin.

2. Also somewhere on-board there will probably be a picture of the ships god mother breaking the chaplain bottle during the ship christening.

3. Everytime a ship visits a new port it hasn't been to before, the local mayor/governor will present the ship with a trophy plack welcoming the ship. See if they have find the trophy case so they can see all the places where the ship has been.

5. If you really want to drive them crazy, tell them to find deck 13. Tell them its a hidden deck that disappeared the first time the ship sailed into the Bermuda Triangle, every ship has one and it can only be found by the "worthy cruisers"(I know I'm mean):D

The trophy case sounds interesting. I want to find that!

When our kids were younger and we cruised, we had a rule that they had to try one new food item a day. Perhaps, instead of assigning them certain things they have to taste, have something where it says "today I tried ___________.

Also, watch the fun times for the "digital scavenger hunt" that I've seen on most ships. You are given a sheet of paper with a list of pictures to be taken around the ship - they might enjoy that.

Most cruises that I have been on have a family digital scavenger hunt, and the kids club often has one for kids that are old enough to sign themselves out, but that certainly does not mean that you couldn't design your own too.

There is usually a map that shows the current itineraries that the ship is running with port to port mileage, maybe ask them the distance from one port to another?

Also, I've always seen a photo wall with the higher officers and "employees of the month", so maybe ask them to find one of those?

We have 2 girls, now 16, that are major theater buffs.

On our recent Miracle cruise, we had them finding:

Happy and Sad theatre mask faces

Phantom of the Opera

New York skyline

along with some other ideas posted, like life preserver with name of ship

Picture of a performer from a show just relaxing onboard. etc.

It is a way to keep them busy, ( most times the teen clubs are just empty and few show up for organized activities.

Good luck, and it is awesome that you have thought of that.

P.S. a fun thing we have done quite often:

There is usually a roving Magician in the dinner venues- pull them aside and arrange to have come by your table, give him something personal of your child, a favorite hair tie, a fake piece of jewelry, a small picture of their favorite character...something your child knows is theirs...

Ask the Magician to make it appear from nowhere...the look on their faces will last you forever!!!

And, uh-hum..please tip generously ( $5-$10??) I find it well worth it.

Usually you get a few more tricks and they feel very special!!!

Best of Luck!!

We have 2 girls, now 16, that are major theater buffs.

On our recent Miracle cruise, we had them finding:

Happy and Sad theatre mask faces

Phantom of the Opera

New York skyline

along with some other ideas posted, like life preserver with name of ship

Picture of a performer from a show just relaxing onboard. etc.

It is a way to keep them busy, ( most times the teen clubs are just empty and few show up for organized activities.

Good luck, and it is awesome that you have thought of that.

P.S. a fun thing we have done quite often:

There is usually a roving Magician in the dinner venues- pull them aside and arrange to have come by your table, give him something personal of your child, a favorite hair tie, a fake piece of jewelry, a small picture of their favorite character...something your child knows is theirs...

Ask the Magician to make it appear from nowhere...the look on their faces will last you forever!!!

And, uh-hum..please tip generously ( $5-$10??) I find it well worth it.

Usually you get a few more tricks and they feel very special!!!

Best of Luck!!

Why do people feel the need to tell other people to not only tip, but give a high low range?

That is not only not your business, but it is rude and uncalled for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Get your picture taken with a ships officer.

A picture of someone with a Platinum or Diamond card.

Some beach sand in a small envelope.

A copy of todays triva.

Someones answer sheet from a trivia game.

Picture of someones feet with a specific color flip flops on.

Some of these require the kids ask permission of the person. I have been asked to answer questions (how many cruises I've been on) etc from kids on a scavenger hunt. They've always been polite and traveling in pairs.