Transfers from Valepraso to santiago

willow949

Through our roll calls, we were with a group of 8 people in a 12 person van that picked us at the port, took us on a tour of the beautiful port towns, then stopped at a winery for a lunch and wine tasting before dropping us at the airport. After surviving the hurricane around Cape Horn in 2010, I believe it was about $70/pp then.

I took HAL's transfer with tour on the way a couple of years ago. When we arrived at the airport there were huge piles of suitcases out on the sidewalk that had been sent ahead by the ship. It took some doing to locate my bags. I then looked inside the airport and saw very long lines for check-in so be prepared as many flights leave in the evening.

Fortunately I had booked a flight that left the next morning (no lines at all) and elected to stay the night at the Holiday Inn right across from the terminal. It made for a much saner departure.

Also if you happen to be flying out on LAN business or first class there is a special room way off to the left for check-in and security clearance--very nice.

We had an issue the opposite direction. We needed transfers from Santiago to Valparaiso.

We booked a tour along with 4 other people from our roll calls, so 6 all together. The tour was through southexcursions . com . A driver and guide picked us up from our hotel in Santiago and picked up the other couples from the Santiago airport. We were given a wonderful tour on our drive and then dropped off in Valparaiso.

The company does the tour in the opposite direction also, Valparaiso to Santiago.

We were able to tour a winery, have a walking tour of Valparaiso and also a basic tour of the highlights of Santiago. A lot of what you can see will depend on how much time you have since you will need to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight.

Because there were 6 of us, the cost of the tour and transfer was the same price as the cruise line transfer which did not include the tour.

Edited by vmom

We took a HAL tour that ended at the Santiago airport. We saw the sites along the way and enjoyed a horse ranch in the Casa Blanca wine valley. Lunch was delicious and it was a great way to spend our last day in Chile! The airport at Santiago was chaotic. Huge crowds sitting everywhere. We had a late flight, and ended up standing in line waiting for the Delta counter to open. We were able to use the Delta Sky Club, which is small and eventually packed with patrons. We did enjoy our South America/Antarctic cruise on the Zaandam...one of our best ever. It's too bad the airport scene has to be so exhausting.

Karen