Changing the itinerary for Star on 10/16????

frostola

My daughter is on the Star Princess departing today for the Western Caribbean and there is a tropical storm warning for the Cayman Islands, has anyone heard of any changes to the route? I looked up my daughters booking number on Princess website and the itinerary remains the same.

My daughter is on the Star Princess departing today for the Western Caribbean and there is a tropical storm warning for the Cayman Islands, has anyone heard of any changes to the route? I looked up my daughters booking number on Princess website and the itinerary remains the same.

They changed the order of the stops last week but that was before the storm. I haven't heard if they've made any additional changes due to the storm or not.

Scott

I'm going on the Star when they get back (23rd) so I will be very interested in developments....I beleive the cruise today was supposed to do Princess Cay the LAST day(they flip flopped it)..Now it should be interesting to see where they are headed this afternoon when they shove off...I am betting they re-flip flop and head for Princess Cay for TOMORROW, then take it from there depending on developments with the storm..This way they could go East..or remain going west???/ Thoughts???

Normally this info will not be posted on the Princess website as they go from day to day during threats of storms. They will reverse ports, change ports or skip ports if a dangerous storm threatens. There have been times on voyages we have been on where they have not made the decision until within an hour of going to a certain port. It will all depend on what is going on wheather wise.

Looks Like they ARE going to Princess Cay first...Like I said, it makes sense, they can then wait til tomorrow and decide east or west...If they head west right away, knowing a storm is imminent and kicking around, they can't really go to any ports after that.....Just common sense..

Hi DanBoy,

I'll be waiting to hear like you. We'll see if anyone from the cruise posts this week onboard, then we can inform Jake. The CB Princess is out there, too-left yesterday-Sat- and Ross is on THAT ship. I wonder where they went??

Lynne

Hi DanBoy,

I'll be waiting to hear like you. We'll see if anyone from the cruise posts this week onboard, then we can inform Jake. The CB Princess is out there, too-left yesterday-Sat- and Ross is on THAT ship. I wonder where they went??

Lynne

I can't believe we have another storm to watch. Wouldn't you know that we're supposed to head to Cancun on Friday 11/4 as are our friends who went through so much in New Orleans. Now at 5 it shows Wilma hitting Cancun as a hurricane and then making a sharp right turn and heading my way! Talk about bad luck.

I called Princess this morning and they informed me that the Star was still going to the Western Caribbean. I would think the water would be rough.

If you go to the Star Princess bridge cam, you will see that it is enroute to St. Marten, so it looks like they are going Eastern this week.

Terre,

I hope the problem with the "hiccup" is solved tonight. I've just been double clicking Post Quick Reply very quickly, rather than one slow click! It is really embarrassing to double post!!

As for Wilma, I think we'll get out of port OK as the storm will be well west of us. If the ship goes that way, we'll be in for a rocky ride, I think. Frankly, I don't care where the ship goes, as long as I'm on it!!! Deerby27--we did check out the WebCam and sure enough the Star is on her way to St. Maarten! Barbara and maybe Ross, will have stories to tell US on Sunday, Terre!! At this time, I'm not sure that we'll leave port earlier than planned. The ship will have to get back to port first--that's our main concern! Lynne

The itinerary was finally changed - it has been a confusion - first they switched ports to continue on the Western route, then supposedly back to the original ports/dates just as we had all rearranged our private tours. We went to Princess Cays (weather was beautiful, snorkeling was great) and when we came back onboard the Capt announced we would be going to the Eastern Carib. Lots of disappointment and more scrambling to get the tours straightened out. Today is a sea day - started out overcast, now sunny and 80's - tomorrow is St Martin, and Thurs is St Thomas, then 2 sea days and back to FLL.

Gotta run, it's time to get dressed for formal night and the Capt Gala!

Thanks for your concern!

PS We are snorkeling in the morning on our own, then doing the America's Cup regatta in the afternoon. St Thomas we are going on a Capt Nautica zodiac to St John for snorkeling.

Archived