Paradise beach (Cozumel)

jayowl

Cruising on the glory June 4th was interested in paradise beach. Any info on how to get there excursion cab etc. and any info on the place if anyone has been there. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been to Paradise Beach twice and it is more of a family oriented beach with jumping and climbing toys. The drinks and food were a little high in price, but were good. I would not go if I did not have children to entertain. We are going to Nachicocum on our next cruise. It is $55.00 entrance fee for all you can drink and eat. I heard it is more for adults and less children, now that ours is grown.

I would agree that Paradise Beach is a better option for those with older children/teens. If it were just my husband and I, I would go somewhere a little more private, I did enjoy our time there with our two teens and one almost teen.

I have a young son is it suitable for him also?

I would say definitely yes. It's great for children of all ages. We just came back recently and had our DS (14yo) with us, but there were many families there with younger children playing in the sand, in the shallows (water depth gradually increases as you go out, but does not drop off).

On some of the other questions, taxi from the Puerto May pier was $16 for the three of us (total - not per person), and we could have added a fourth person for the same price. The line at the taxi stand was somewhat long when we got their but moved quickly. They do an excellent job of moving groups into appropriate taxis/vehicles based upon party size. We also had no issue with getting a taxi back. There were many waiting outside PB entrance and it was also staffed by PB to call one if there had been a need.

Entry was $3pp, and additional $18pp to use the toys (great value - we used them all - go to their website for what they offer), and $10pp average for food drinks. We did not find the drink prices to be cheap, but they weren't bad either and service was very attentive but not in your face.

Had planned on Nachi Cochum for our June cruise, but after this great experience, will be going to PB again.

Edited by bankofdad
correct some pricing typos

I have a young son is it suitable for him also?

PB is very family friendly. Another option, with a kiddie water park is Playa Mia -- look at their web site as they offer a variety of packages.

PB is greatness. Enormous pool, great beach - fun watching people on the water toys if you don't do it yourself. Good food and drinks - prices are reasonable.

We've done Nachi Cocom about 5-6 times. We love it too - it's just a different vibe. Definitely smaller and quieter.

For families or anyone that wants a little energy to go along with their beach (although it can be quiet and relaxing, especially in the morning), it's a great choice. Definitely better than Playa Mia in my opinion.

Cruising on the glory June 4th was interested in paradise beach. Any info on how to get there excursion cab etc. and any info on the place if anyone has been there. Thanks

Perfect if you have kids of any age. If not, look for something quieter.

Taxi fares will be posted at your pier. They are the same for 1 to 4 passengers. There is an additional fee per person if you are more. No problem to get a van cab if needed.

The water there was dirty the day we went but it didn't stop us from going in. The water floats and slides are difficult to climb up on. Some athletic 10,12 year old had no problem but I did see a 13 year old who could not get on even with his dad's help. I am 51 and was able to get up but was sore the next day. The pool there is the best! The server I've was very good.

The water there was dirty the day we went but it didn't stop us from going in.

Most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island. If there is an issue with water clarity/seaweed at one it will likely be the same at all of them.

Most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island. If there is an issue with water clarity/seaweed at one it will likely be the same at all of them.

I originally thought they would have similar water quality too. When we walked down the beach, the water seemed cleaner at playa mia.