Tables for large group on Allure

aks753

I'm going on a family cruise on the Allure - so far 12 people but possibly 14 - are there tables large enough on the Allure to hold all of us and how do you go about getting one if there are (I was just on the Adventure and did see a few 12 person tables).

Your travel agent or RC customer service should be able to link up all the reservations. However, the largest table I have seen is for 12. The next step would be to email RC dining and ask them to get two smaller tables next to each other.

Having someone appointed to go see the maitre'd may be the final way to get things solved, however with that many people it still may not be possible.

Your travel agent or RC customer service should be able to link up all the reservations. However, the largest table I have seen is for 12. The next step would be to email RC dining and ask them to get two smaller tables next to each other.

Having someone appointed to go see the maitre'd may be the final way to get things solved, however with that many people it still may not be possible.

On Oasis, I've seen table for 12 and IMHO 14 should not be a problem--simply add a couple of tables to the 12. You should e-mail "rcldining@rcl.com" with your request.

We had a table for 12 on allure for main dining, early seating! Had 6 rooms all linked. Jacob was our head waiter and he was fabulous! Made our trip memorable! You'll be fine. Even enjoyed chops as a group! Have a great time!

Here's some advice from my "been there, done that" experience. We quite often travel with friends. We've had as many as 12 a couple of times. The first time we did it we requested and received a table for 12. We thought it would be nice for all of us to sit at the same table so we could all talk. We'll never do it again. With 12 people sitting at the same table there are too many conversations going on at the same time and it's hard to talk with anyone except the person on either side of you. It was hard to talk to even the people seated across from you. We rotated seats every night so we could talk to different people each night but it was not what we expected/hoped it would be. The next time we had 12 we requested 2 tables for 6 next to each other. Much better! While we could still not all converse together, the conversations at each table were much easier. We again switched seats/tables every night so we got to sit with everybody else at least a few times during the week.

Here's some advice from my "been there, done that" experience. We quite often travel with friends. We've had as many as 12 a couple of times. The first time we did it we requested and received a table for 12. We thought it would be nice for all of us to sit at the same table so we could all talk. We'll never do it again. With 12 people sitting at the same table there are too many conversations going on at the same time and it's hard to talk with anyone except the person on either side of you. It was hard to talk to even the people seated across from you. We rotated seats every night so we could talk to different people each night but it was not what we expected/hoped it would be. The next time we had 12 we requested 2 tables for 6 next to each other. Much better! While we could still not all converse together, the conversations at each table were much easier. We again switched seats/tables every night so we got to sit with everybody else at least a few times during the week.

Thanks for the tip!

Our experience on three cruises with 12 - 14 has been that except for a couple of nights not all 14 have a desire to eat in MDR.

Also a table that large, yes you can get a 12 to 14, will be a long table so only about 4-6 people are close enough to converse.

This last cruise we booked two round tables of eight that were next to each other. With only 14 max we had elbow room. Most nights there was one table full of adults, who all eight could talk, and a few more kids at the other table.

My opinion, two round tables is much better than one large rectangle table.