These are a few of my favorite things- Liberty of the Seas

Hi there.. posting from the Houston, Tx area where we are flooded out.. and not going anywhere. Our area is fine.. but much of the city is closed.

So... wanting to hear any favorites regarding this cruise.. We leave May 15 and we are really looking forward to it. Haven't been on RCCL with our kids (6 & 8) as we have sailed Disney the last 2 cruises.. wondering what is 'better about RCCL- waterslides? explorer program?

thanks for any thoughts/info as we are stuck at home.. :) and taking a break from watching the news..

Flowrider and ice show would be something different on Liberty. Guest ice skating is also available a few times during the cruise, and bring long pants if you want to do that.

Hi there.. posting from the Houston, Tx area where we are flooded out.. and not going anywhere. Our area is fine.. but much of the city is closed.

So... wanting to hear any favorites regarding this cruise.. We leave May 15 and we are really looking forward to it. Haven't been on RCCL with our kids (6 & 8) as we have sailed Disney the last 2 cruises.. wondering what is 'better about RCCL- waterslides? explorer program?

thanks for any thoughts/info as we are stuck at home.. :) and taking a break from watching the news..

My grandkids loved Adventure Ocean. In March, AO was open night 1 from 8-10! They loved the water slides and Splash Away Bay. (They are 8&9). They also really liked "In The Air" show. The mini golf is supposed to be really nice, but we never made it up there. Keep your head above water and enjoy your May 15 cruise!

We were on Liberty recently. The Saturday Night Fever production show was very good. Our son is beyond Adventure Ocean age now, but we always had good luck with Royal's children's program. Plus, if your kids are into seeing "characters", they have the Dreamworks experience. You'll see characters like Shrek, Puss 'n Boots, Kung Fu Panda, etc. occasionally hanging out on the promenade and posing for pictures, and I think there are other activities like character breakfast, if you sign up for them. (Not something we paid much attention to.)

For times when you're not with the kids, if you like wine, we found Harbinder, in Vintages, to be very interesting and good at helping you pick out a wine you'll enjoy. And we did a mixology class with Melvin in the R-Bar that was a lot of fun.

We were on Liberty recently. The Saturday Night Fever production show was very good. Our son is beyond Adventure Ocean age now, but we always had good luck with Royal's children's program. Plus, if your kids are into seeing "characters", they have the Dreamworks experience. You'll see characters like Shrek, Puss 'n Boots, Kung Fu Panda, etc. occasionally hanging out on the promenade and posing for pictures, and I think there are other activities like character breakfast, if you sign up for them. (Not something we paid much attention to.)

For times when you're not with the kids, if you like wine, we found Harbinder, in Vintages, to be very interesting and good at helping you pick out a wine you'll enjoy. And we did a mixology class with Melvin in the R-Bar that was a lot of fun.

Thanks, Paul for mentioning Harbinder again. I had made a note of Melvin (& Raj) in the R Bar that others had mentioned but I didn't make a note before of Harbinder's name and couldn't find it using a search. I don't know anything about wine really. My plan is to figure out what I'm going to eat for dinner and go by Vintages for a recommendation and getting a glass to take with me. :D

Just so you know about height restrictions...flowrider 52", large slides 48", kids slides yellow 45" and purple 42". I just find it better to know and set expectations.

My kids loved the kids pool. Rock climbing would be fun. We didn't try the ice skating but we loved the mini-golf. We are also big fans of AO. They usually check out the schedule and see if there is an activity they want to do in the afternoon and they are there every evening.

We went to the ice skating show and In the Air with the kids both were fun.

Other things...cupcake decorating class (fee involved) or 3D movies. They showed Kung Fu Panda 3 twice in March. We couldn't get enough of Sprinkles (ice cream machine) by the kids pool.

Have a great trip!

Is there a certain kind of shoe required for rock climbing? Tennis shoes?

I know you need socks and long pants for ice skating. Any other things I need to know to pack that I might not think of for a Caribbean cruise?

Thanks!

They provide climbing shoes for the rockwall which you have to wear:)

Enjoy!

Hope you are staying safe!

We just got off Liberty about 10 days ago

My kids (ages 5, 8 and 10) LOVED everything. The updated splash away bay, the water slides, AO and flow rider. They stayed plenty busy. They loved sprinkles too! We enjoyed the ice show, family activities like the scavenger hunt, and they watched Mary popping on deck and Kung fu panda in 3D

Edited by Lynn1179

My kids (ages 5, 8 and 10) LOVED everything. The updated splash away bay, the water slides, AO and flow rider. They stayed plenty busy. They loved sprinkles too! We enjoyed the ice show, family activities like the scavenger hunt, and they watched Mary popping on deck and Kung fu panda in 3D

Please can you explain what was suitable for 5 year old ? (Will be 5 two weeks prior to travel)

She loves Frozen and Fiona from Shrek. Have booked Dreamworks

Will she be too small for slides ?

Thanks.

Please can you explain what was suitable for 5 year old ? (Will be 5 two weeks prior to travel)

Thanks.

I believe the kids have to be at least 48" tall for the slides.

Thanks.

I believe the kids have to be at least 48" tall for the slides.

Bob,

She was tall enough for one side. She was one month shy of six so she was disappointed she couldn't rock climb as she has done it before. She could ice skate as well.

We gave her some freedom aboard the ship as long as she was with her sisters and she would check in frequently with us. They'd hang out with some girls they knew from AO and just 'explore' the ship

She LOVE AO and the family activities. She played shuffleboard with my dad a few times as well.

The pool and splash away bay were her favorites for sure

One slide: there are two smaller slides in splash away bay. Height restrictions are smaller than the two operational slides in the aft of the ship

We did Dreamworks and she definitely enjoyed that

Thanks for that info. Sure grand daughter will enjoy her first cruise.

Can someone please explain what "sprinkles" is? And what is this about Mary popping?

We will be on Liberty for the first time in December. Thanks!

Sprinkles is just what they call the soft-serve ice cream station. It is self-serve and no extra charge.

Edit: And I assume that "Mary popping on deck" is either some sexual euphemism, or it means they had a showing of the movie "Mary Poppins" on the pool deck screen.

Edited by Paul65

Sprinkles is just what they call the soft-serve ice cream station. It is self-serve and no extra charge.

Edit: And I assume that "Mary popping on deck" is either some sexual euphemism, or it means they had a showing of the movie "Mary Poppins" on the pool deck screen.

Mary Poppins was shown on the pool deck TV screen on a sea day on Liberty.

Can someone please explain what "sprinkles" is? And what is this about Mary popping?

We will be on Liberty for the first time in December. Thanks!

Sprinkles is the self serve, soft serve, ice cream on the pool deck

Mary Popping/Poppins was a typo on my phone