Traveling with young adults

tweetybird617

HI everyone. We are looking at booking a cruise next year for my daughter and step-son who will both be graduating high school. They have both decided that they would rather go on a cruise with a couple of their closest friends, rather than go on their senior trip with the school. My question is can my husband and I book a room for the girls, a room for the boys, and a room for ourselves? Only the 2 of us will be over 25, but all the kids will be 18-19. Thank you for any suggestions you may have!!

Note: If it makes a difference, we are looking at either the NCL Dawn or the Carnival Dream out of NOLA, since we live less than an hour from this port.

I would check with the cruise line.

I've heard where at that age they will let you do as long as the rooms are next to or across from the other.

Things to keep in mind

1) There maybe an additional charge for the room for under 25

2) Open option might be to book it with you in one room and your husband in the other and then you only have 1 room without a 25 year old....once onboard you can move around rooms

I've also read where people can get one of the suites (family cabin) and it ends up being less expensive - I would strongly suggest working with the cruise line or travel agent to figure it out

If they are 18 or older then they are adults and can sleep with whomever they like😉 but most cruise lines do have a policy of someone 21 or older in cabin with under 21s. But I have read many times on this page that teenage friends sharing with parents on board. I would consider getting a TA or do a trial booking on line and see whether they let you book rooms for teenagers.

I traveled with my kids age 5 and 17 in 2005 on NCL. Because I wanted two connecting rooms- the only way I was able to do it was by bringing along a friend who was over 21. She was booked on one room with my younger son and I was booked in the other room with my older son. There was a connecting door between the two rooms and both kids ended up sleeping in my room with me! So the extra cabin was all to my friend who paid nothing to come on the trip. Good deal for her. She's still asking me if she can come on a cruise with me as the "babysitter".

I know with Princess kids can be in a cabin alone as long as 1 in the cabin is at least 16 and parent' cabin is nearby. Not sure about other lines.

I was able to do this on Princess. When my son graduated from high school, he took his friend along on his graduation trip. I booked 3 rooms - one for my husband and me, one for my son and his friend (both 18) and one for my 15 year old & 21 year old. No problems!

Thanks everyone! I took your advice and called the cruise line and as someone on here stated, yes they will allow it, our rooms just have to be next to each other. Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone else has a similar situation. Thanks for all the replies!