Cruise Vacation Guide and Senior Officiers

alaskaca

Received the Cruise Vacation Guide booklet today for our upcoming Alaska cruise.

This was the first time that there wasn't a listing of the Senior Officers for the voyage. I'm left wondering if this is information the Oceania didn't have in time for the publication of the booklet, or has there been a change in providing this information.

Our last cruise was November 2015, the Amazon Adventure, and senior officers were listed for that voyage.

What are my fellow cruisers seeing when they receive their guides?

No listings for my Sirena cruise on April 27. Heard from someone on our roll call that O has stopped publishing that information. Maybe because they had to make substitutions from time to time and folks were upset. We will let it be a surprise, as I think there will be lots of surprises on this voyage.

For our January cruise, no officers were listed.

In autumn 2015, the officer list started being excluded because the personnel often changed after the info was printed.

The better question is why does anyone care who are the deck and engineering officers. As long as they are licensed, experienced and competent, their jobs are their jobs and, if they're not good at it, the cruise line will not renew their contracts.