Question for Martha B

jhcrossfield

Hi Martha,

You seem to be the "mayor" of this board and very knowlegeable aboout Seabourn. I was just curious as to exactly how many cruises you've had with them. Could you please share with us the number of days at sea and specific itineraries you've had on board? As some one who only makes it to sea a few weeks per year, it's nice to see how others live.

Mr Crossfield......what a nice compliment, but no, I'm only a Cowgirl, turned Sailor that enjoys sharing ideas and experiences with our fellow CC Seabourn shipmates. I am fairly new to Seabourn as many of my friends started sailing Seabourn in the 90's! As to the number of days....NOT enough! I do have a number of cruises as when my Mother was living (she was 94 yrs. old her last cruise) we would sail several times a year. I'm writing a book of our times aboard, titled, "Cruisin' With Mama." Many of the stories sound like total fiction, but alas, NO ONE could make up such sagas! So many funny/ridiculous happenings! I've said of my Mother, "Miss Jewel Grace danced thru' life and she made me waltz right along with her!" Bless her heart.....I called her "The Magnolia Mafia......she referred to me as, "The Hell's Belle!" I miss her terribly!

All of us are indeed so very fortunate in being apart of the Seabourn family......each day on a Seabourn ship is a day to always be remembered and cherished!

"Joie de Vivre'"

Martita B.

Again, I repeat, "NOT enough!" You remind me of the fellow at an Officer's table last March Crossing..... The Officer pulled out my chair for me.....I sat down and immediately the elderly gentleman, to my right turned and said, "Well, how many days do you have?" Without pausing I replied, "Oh, I have lots of days......some at the ranch and some on Seabourn. And I hope to have many more both places!"

That's my final answer.....and NO, I don't need to, "remove two incorrect answers, ask the audience or call a friend!" Hahaha 'nuff said!

Off topic: Has anyone had a Mojito made with "S Guaro?" It's a white spirit made from sugar cane, similar to cachaca, from Brazil. I would like to try it.

Martita B.

One of the wonderful things about Seabourn is that its clientele are not ones to brag or make comments building themselves up.

How many days? How many places? (Same question in this context.) Not many will answer.

How much enjoyment? Favorite ports? Now, that you can tell most on this board will spend much time discussing these.

Jim, I would LOVE to have a Mojito Martini......would that be: lots of lime juice, lots of mint, with white rum? Probably in a martini shaker.......and strained. Ooo 'la 'la.......hold my trambourine, please!:D

Will certainly order one.....or two!

Thanks for sharing .......

MB

There is a reastaurant here in NYC called The Coffee Shop. Its on Union Square & we go there often for a Mojito....oiy - usually on a Saturday after walking through teh Greenmarket & shop a bit...then lunch & mojitos....yummy. But then its 8:00 pm & we are crawling to dinner....praying for a taxi.....

Then we do it again.....

Hugs

Rotty, one of my very favorite things to do is go to the GREEN MARKET!:p

When I visit my good good friends in NY City, this is the 1st on my "to do" list.......

How's the house hunting goin'?

Please have a Mojito on me......:rolleyes:

MB

Again, I repeat, "NOT enough!" You remind me of the fellow at an Officer's table last March Crossing..... The Officer pulled out my chair for me.....I sat down and immediately the elderly gentleman, to my right turned and said, "Well, how many days do you have?" Without pausing I replied, "Oh, I have lots of days......some at the ranch and some on Seabourn. And I hope to have many more both places!"

That's my final answer.....and NO, I don't need to, "remove two incorrect answers, ask the audience or call a friend!" Hahaha 'nuff said!

Off topic: Has anyone had a Mojito made with "S Guaro?" It's a white spirit made from sugar cane, similar to cachaca, from Brazil. I would like to try it.

Martita B.

Seems from reading this thread that asking a lady how many Seabourn days she has is akin to asking her age!:D

It's just not polite to ask.

the great thing about seabourn is whether you have 500 days or you're boarding for the first time you get treated the same..... like royalty.

Now the real question I wouldnt want to answer is how much do you weigh, especially at the end of a cruise!!!!!

Well said, wripro! No, it doesn't make one bit of difference if you have 800 days or have just boarded for the 1st time. The Guests, Officer's Staff and Crew are just as kind and attentive.......perhaps it's because we are all one big happy family!!:p :p

Martita B.

You also should not ask a lady how many glasses of champagne she has consumed on Seabourn;)

One of my favorite Seabourn service tales is when at dinner one evening I was trying to limit my wine consumption (don't ask me why, I have learned resistance is futile) and I had a particularly attentive wine steward who kept refilling my glass whenever I drank a sip or two. Finally I said, "Adam, now how am I going to keep track of how much wine I have drunk if you keep refilling the glass before it is empty?" Adam replied, "Mrs. S, if iyour glass is never empty than you have only had one glass of wine." Don't you just love the staff on Seabourn?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martita -- haven't checked these boards in awhile. We ended up winning a cruise from entering a TV sweepstakes...so now I'm following THREE threads for future cruises. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Was wondering if you found a decent hotel to stay at prior to your Gilligan's Island adventure. If you or any of your cohorts posted photos of your voyage online, I would LOVE to see. Please do share (that goes for anybody on any seabourn cruise, actually).

Also, wanted to let you know my little Seabourn Savings account that you talked me into setting up is growing quite nicely.

Darren.......Congratulations on winning a cruise! I know you will enjoy being aboard the Serenade.

As to the hotel in New York City, Yes, I found a small "business type" hotel on 48th/8th that is VERY reasonble. The name is "The Belvedere." The location is perfect and really great service! I had good friends, also boarding the Pride, that stayed at the Ritz on Central Park.......so we spent the afternoon "terrorizing" the cute bartenders in the Lounge and having fun!

As to "photos", Norman has posted a group of pictures, but you'll need to scroll down somewhat.......the "Royal Affair", etc., etc. pictures I know are on our board. (these would be March of 2005)

Happy to hear your "Piggy Bank" is being fed......empty your pocket change each evening and we'll plan on having a 'lit Gala......real soon, on board!

'lest we forget, "La dolce Vita!"

Martita B.

My first Seabourn cruise will be next April....and I have had so much fun, since I booked the cruise, checking out these Seabourn boards. I've learned alot and laughed alot....really, what delightful people you all are.

God bless you all, smooth sailing to you, and I hope to see many of you on cruises to come!

Jane :)

i simply don't understand this thread. what could possibly be embarrasing about how many cruises or days you've been on seabourn? :confused: did Emily Post make a new rule while I was asleep?

this was the main topic of conversation on the Legend a month ago. virtually everyone introduced themselves by asking other cruisers whether this was their 1st seabourn cruise, how many cruises they'd been on before, and on which ships, and discussing the best itineraries and experiences.

good grief, guys.

I agree. I thought it was an innocuous question and that Martha would be forth coming with a direct answer given the extent to which she shares so much other information on here. What is so "wrong" or "secretive" about just saying what cruises one has been on so that others can share in the vicarious enjoyment? I especially thought everyone would enjoy hearing this from the board's "mayor." I simply do not understand this evasiveness.

Archived