Rhapsody Rough Seas

We have concluded this weekend that we are definitely optimists :)

I think so! Thanks for a great write up. Sometimes strange things just happen. We didn't wade water and have structural issues nor the experiences you had, and we decided not to let it dampen our spirits, but we had a sailing delayed, got on the ship, cruise canceled the next day, and reinstated the next day. By then, many flew home. I called it making Lemonade out of Lemons. The review is on CC.

I wish you would put your review in a cruise review here on CC so others would see it.

Thanks for the review.

Edited by internetwhiz

I wish you would put your review in a cruise review here on CC so others would see it.

Thanks for the review.

It might scare people off sailing on the Rhapsody, which I don't want to do! :o

We were in room 3079. We managed to stay on ship does seem a bit unfair we both got same compensation.

I did query this when I sent my claim, just got some standard statement back that there would be no further compensation, without addressing my point

Excellent recap! ^5 for the positivity.

Any ideas which cabins actually had the broken windows/most damage?

I think it was around 3060 onwards, someone else nay be able to confirm

To be honest I would have been happy if they had refunded my drinks package.

But at least we were all OK. Something to tell the grand children later on.

makes a change from "yes it was lovely and we ate lots!"

I am secretly hoping that we accidentally get our drinks packages refunded along with our fare. They may not twig we booked when the free all inclusive offer was running.....

I did query this when I sent my claim, just got some standard statement back that there would be no further compensation, without addressing my point

I, too, believe those who had no choice but to debark should have received additional compensation.

Have you written to corporate?

Mbayley@rccl.com

I would outline the difference in your situation with those who were allowed to stay on the ship and move elsewhere.

We are waiting until we have had clarified what RCCL will and will not be paying from our claim.

Continuing our positive frame of mind, at the moment we consider that the people who stayed perhaps just got a wee bit over compensated :-)

We are waiting until we have had clarified what RCCL will and will not be paying from our claim.

Continuing our positive frame of mind, at the moment we consider that the people who stayed perhaps just got a wee bit over compensated :-)

Please let us know how this goes for you. I love your positiveness. Hoping they are going above and beyond. Did all of you who were asked to leave the ship get contact info for the others in the same situation?

Sadly not. The other couples who were in the badly affected cabins exchanged details but we weren't asked and didn't offer. I have asked on our Roll Call if anyone else was affected, but no one was.

Sadly not. The other couples who were in the badly affected cabins exchanged details but we weren't asked and didn't offer. I have asked on our Roll Call if anyone else was affected, but no one was.

I know there's a person on Twitter whose Dad was in an affected cabin. She reported that it took 18 hours but they found him another cabin.

The incident happened at 0430, we were disembarked at 2100, so 18 hours sounds about right. I wonder where these cabins were 'found'?

I can email the three tweets if you'd like to see them. Shouldn't post from other media here.

You are definitely optimists! Your photos from Paris were very funny! Yet, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I hope everything works out wonderfully with your replacement cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had no idea about meetings.just did our excursion came back, lent a room to wash them told to have dinner and come back. Told our room would be OK back had a look and there was no way.then at 11.30pm we were allocated cabin 3813, was a long day.

Somebody at the ship told me they looked at the C&A status of the guests. Those with higher status would have had priority to stay aboard. Don't know if it is true.

We met a couple from South Afrika and they were lucky to stay on board. At first they had to leave but they had post cruise plans in Europe and were given a small inside on deck 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Might be an element of least inconvenienced and easiest/cheapest to get home at short notice.

European flights are plentiful.

Maybe an element of those that shout loudest I bet some actively engaged to try to stay.

Ships always have options a ship can be full but still have empty cabins(lifeboat limits) there will also be cabins that have people they can move like entertainers.

Two ladies were from Australia, and I believe there were Canadians as well.

I am going with the Crown and Anchor theory, along with Americans perhaps more likely to sue? "Lights touch paper, runs away *