Currently on Liberty

Wilson

We are currently on Liberty and would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

Embarking on The Liberty this coming Sunday. Wave as you come off :)

We have previously sailed on Princess (5 times) but never on RCCL, thus never on the Liberty. We have two deck 6 balcony cabins.

We read a "complaint" somewhere that the Liberty cabins have only one (1) electrical outlet for the entire cabin. Can that be correct? Does we need to bring extension cords?

Thanks for the great posts and answers.

ECS

San Antonio, TX

We've sailed many times with Derek Lewis - he does usually play with the pool band once. So looking forward to seeing all the superstars again. Yes - his naughtiness is hilarious - I need to dig out my CD so I can sing along! :eek:

Geez, I hope the Tidal Wave manufacturer is paying for this fiasco and NOT Royal.

Embarking on The Liberty this coming Sunday. Wave as you come off :)

We have previously sailed on Princess (5 times) but never on RCCL, thus never on the Liberty. We have two deck 6 balcony cabins.

We read a "complaint" somewhere that the Liberty cabins have only one (1) electrical outlet for the entire cabin. Can that be correct? Does we need to bring extension cords?

Thanks for the great posts and answers.

ECS

San Antonio, TX

We were on Liberty three weeks ago (deck 7 balcony cabin). There are two outlets in the cabin and one (for razors only) in the head. We brought a 1-foot extension cord that worked great for us. If you bring one, it should be one that doesn't have surge suppression. There are some threads that have explanations from knowledgeable folks regarding this.

Hope that helps some. Have a great cruise. :)

Tim

Did they allow people to take on 6 packs of soda ( Dr Pepper etc) or did they refuse them?

How about a case of water?

We were on the Liberty last week and had no problem taking a case of water. We carried it in our carry on. We saw one lady in the terminal with pushing a cart with at least 2 cases of drinks and maybe more.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

I wanted to book the photo package, all digital photos and prints, but there are no sail dates coming up for Liberty in mycruisephotos.com . Can you see if they are still offering this photo package onboard and if so, what's the price? We sail on May 29th. Thanks in advance.

I was able to book Voom for my Liberty cruise on July 31 at $9.99 per day for one device. It was on my cruise personalizer.

Wow! I logged in last night and it was at the normal $20/a day rate for one device. Boo. Did you have a coupon or discount code or something?

serialcruiser - Diamonds are not losing DL. That's a rumor right now. The Concierge Lounge is now a SUITE Lounge and only Grand Suite and above and Pinnacles can go in there. So Diamond Plus will only be able to use DL now. That's the reality today.

Are Royal Family Suites allowed in the suite lounge?

We were on Liberty three weeks ago (deck 7 balcony cabin). There are two outlets in the cabin and one (for razors only) in the head. We brought a 1-foot extension cord that worked great for us. If you bring one, it should be one that doesn't have surge suppression. There are some threads that have explanations from knowledgeable folks regarding this.

Hope that helps some. Have a great cruise. :)

Tim

We've requested an extension cord for DH's Cpap machine. However, we'd like to keep our cell phones charged as we also purchased a Cruise talk/text/data package from our service provider. I had planned on putting one power strip extension cord with several outlets in our suitcase. is that going to be a problem???

We are currently on Liberty and would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

We're on the May 1 sailing. Adult DD's are a bit concerned about "dress" for the two formal nights in the MDR. Would short cocktail style dresses be appropriate for them? DH is bringing a black suit, white shirt and a very expensive tie for both nights.

Thanks! I wasn't sure of the suite hierarchy, ha! [emoji16]

I don't think there are any exceptions, but if the stateroom description has the word "suite" and does not have the word "junior", then it's a full suite and you get a gold card.

We're on the May 1 sailing. Adult DD's are a bit concerned about "dress" for the two formal nights in the MDR. Would short cocktail style dresses be appropriate for them? DH is bringing a black suit, white shirt and a very expensive tie for both nights.

The dresses will be great for formal nights, as will the suit. Have a great cruise - we'll be boarding on May 8 when you come back.:)

Judy

Wow! I logged in last night and it was at the normal $20/a day rate for one device. Boo. Did you have a coupon or discount code or something?

I read about discounted Voom pricing here on CC. I logged onto my cruise and in the internet section, there it was. One device was $9.99 per day, so I threw it in my cart and paid for it right then. I have a confirmation email so I assume it's all good?!

We leave in 2 weeks and have never been on a cruise. Do we need to bring sweaters at all? Is it chilly in the evenings outside?

My wife brings a light sweater for the main theater.