Currently on Liberty

Wilson

Bob we are using the free 24hr C&A internet today but I will get prices before we disembark sir.

At the M&M we were told Voom was still 2-3 weeks out.

Tidal Wave "months" out. It has been redesigned for Harmony and once it is perfected they will mirror those changes for Liberty. This would explain current and past reports of no work being done now. It's sits collecting surface rust. The activities director said that he tried it and it scared the sh!t out of him. The pads were not the solution. The ride is entirely too fast and there was risk of serious injury.

Bar mgr said no more C&A beverage discounts. Beverage pkg discounts will be offered through online cruise planner in that will vary from ship to ship and not the same for every sailing.

Who was the Activity Manager?

The ship's public areas were very chilly all the time.

It was also quite cold in the ice show venue.

Interesting, on our last few cruises I found the public areas, comfortable, not at all chilly. Not even in the night club did I see many women wearing thin cardigan sweaters. I had a light sweatshirt for the ice show when we went on Navigator a few months ago which was fine for that.

Interesting, on our last few cruises I found the public areas, comfortable, not at all chilly. Not even in the night club did I see many women wearing thin cardigan sweaters. I had a light sweatshirt for the ice show when we went on Navigator a few months ago which was fine for that.

I personally was freezing on Navigator in August last year.

It could also depend on where you are sitting or standing. Hubby and I were in the theater once and we must have been near a vent because I froze. On another cruise in the MDR it was cold at the tables in the MTD section and the cruise before, our assigned table was just fine. Because of that, I agree bringing a light sweater or even a hoodie to layer when you visit the venues on board. Better to be prepared than uncomfortable. If you don't need it, it can easily be put on the back of a chair or tied around your waist.

Could you possibly ask if they plan on getting the coke machines? We're not on until August of 2017 but really wishing for the coke machines by then since I'm not an alcohol drinker and don't like the taste of the soda through the bar hoses. Thank in advance:)

I was advised that the "Freestyle" machines are prone to leaking and until that issue is resolved they will not be installed.

Did they allow people to take on 6 packs of soda ( Dr Pepper etc) or did they refuse them?

How about a case of water?

Sorry we get drink packages and have not attempted to take soda or water onboard. I did not see any in the halls or anyone carry them. I have heard that you can put a luggage tag on a case of water and most of the time it will be delivered. Worse case you lose $4.

Embarking on The Liberty this coming Sunday. Wave as you come off :)

We have previously sailed on Princess (5 times) but never on RCCL, thus never on the Liberty. We have two deck 6 balcony cabins.

We read a "complaint" somewhere that the Liberty cabins have only one (1) electrical outlet for the entire cabin. Can that be correct? Does we need to bring extension cords?

Thanks for the great posts and answers.

ECS

San Antonio, TX

I recall one in the bathroom and two at the vanity.

I see you are a Diamond member. Have you guys been going into the Diamond Lounge and if so, how crowded is it? Do they allow you take your drink outside to the Viking Crown Lounge?

Sounds like you are are having a good time.

Yes, it was a great cruise.

DL was packed and difficult to find a place to stand without being in the way. You can take drinks anywhere you like.

Someone just posted Diamonds are loosing access to the DL. Any truth to this? Concierge host should know.

I was told no. SL was dead and they are rethinking the idea of allowing D+ back in there.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

I wanted to book the photo package, all digital photos and prints, but there are no sail dates coming up for Liberty in mycruisephotos.com . Can you see if they are still offering this photo package onboard and if so, what's the price? We sail on May 29th. Thanks in advance.

Sorry WiFi service was terrible at Nachi Cocom so I could not get on CC until we got home.

I do recall seeing an option to buy all pics but can't remember the price. Make sure to order all pics by 7pm on Sat night to receive them by the time they close at 11:30pm. Otherwise you will wait in a LONG line on Sunday morning.

Who was the Activity Manager?

Gordon. Very nice young man, but not well informed as it related to questions about Tidal Wave, Internet, DL and SL, etc...

It could also depend on where you are sitting or standing. Hubby and I were in the theater once and we must have been near a vent because I froze. On another cruise in the MDR it was cold at the tables in the MTD section and the cruise before, our assigned table was just fine. Because of that, I agree bringing a light sweater or even a hoodie to layer when you visit the venues on board. Better to be prepared than uncomfortable. If you don't need it, it can easily be put on the back of a chair or tied around your waist.

I agree. On our first few cruises I found all of the public venues very cold and I am one of those people who are rarely cold so I took notice and put on the light sweater or sweatshirt that I packed. On more recent sailings the need was not there, for me. To me it said, that they were raising the temp a bit. All fine either way....and yes, it always depends upon where you find yourself sitting.

But even the Centrums on the smaller ships have seemed to me, to be a bit warmer. Of course if you are in a strapless gown, all bets are off....bring that shoulder wrap with you.

Can you tell me if Adja or Nadja is still in the DL. Hope so.

Nadja is the concierge on the Navigator. This week, Jorge is in DL and Anis SL. Jorge leaves for the Radiance on 5/8. Next week 5/8, Carlos returns and will be Concierge in DL for the 5/8, 5/15 & 5/22 cruises and Anis will be in SL those cruises. After the 5/22 cruise they will switch lounges.

Carla

Are they still using that nasty island oasis mixers for drinks? How is the wine selection? How is the food? Thank-you

RC does still use Island Oasis mixers. I guess "nasty" is a matter of opinion. I don't have any problem with them, as they are made with real fruit and fruit juices. I've certainly had worse. Of course, cocktails made with fresh ingredients are even better. You can get some of those at the R-bar.

Sorry WiFi service was terrible at Nachi Cocom so I could not get on CC until we got home.

I do recall seeing an option to buy all pics but can't remember the price. Make sure to order all pics by 7pm on Sat night to receive them by the time they close at 11:30pm. Otherwise you will wait in a LONG line on Sunday morning.

The USB thumb drive (previous a CD) with all pictures you appear in priced out at $349. We had to walk away at that price. Individual photos were $20/ea.

Thanks for your reply. Nadja told us last year that she was transferring to the Liberty. Just wanted to know as we will be on Liberty in Dec.

She moved to the Concierge Lounge from the Diamond Lounge when Ricardo Mock had a heart attach last fall. She is the best.

Cant bring an extension cord. I was told by them it is a fire hazard. For my CPAP Machine they will supply one. we are bringing this (see pic) as strips are forbiden.619npNbFQZL._SX355_.jpg

Surge protectors are what are a fire hazzard on ships.

The USB thumb drive (previous a CD) with all pictures you appear in priced out at $349. We had to walk away at that price. Individual photos were $20/ea.

Thanks for the information. Future cruise dates finally loaded. Pre order price is $299.

Cant bring an extension cord. I was told by them it is a fire hazard. For my CPAP Machine they will supply one. we are bringing this (see pic) as strips are forbiden.619npNbFQZL._SX355_.jpg

There is another thread going around that is saying "all / most" electrical strips are being forbidden on Liberty. They said it was to hard to inspect each one to see if it had a surge protector or not , So they were banning them all! To be on the safe side I'm leaving mine at home.