Staying on the boat for the 3 Day Ensenada cruise

Superstar911

We're thinking about booking a 3 day Ensenada cruise on the Inspiration or Imagination sometime in Oct/Nov and plan on not getting off the boat. I've heard it's extra nice to spend a shore day on the boat. Is that true? Has anyone done it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never done that particular cruise but have enjoyed staying on the boat when it docks. You can leisurely get up, have breakfast and enjoy peace and quiet without the crowds. If I go to a port I have visited before I might wait until later to get off the boat, walk around and get right back on. The best thing is that you have the choice either way.

We just got off of the Inspiration 3 day. We went into town for a few hours and were back on the ship by 2. Still enough time to enjoy some quiet time. I have stayed on the ship several times while in Ensenada. I love it, especially on the 3 day cruise. The college partiers are out a Papa's and Beer's. It's a nice break!

For several years, we never got off the ship in Ensenada. Growing up in So CA it never seemed that enticing. It's definitely a quieter day, but I think Ensenada is a fairly popular port to stay on the ship for. If you do get off, I highly recommend the Winery tour...and I don't even like wine!

We're thinking about booking a 3 day Ensenada cruise on the Inspiration or Imagination sometime in Oct/Nov and plan on not getting off the boat. I've heard it's extra nice to spend a shore day on the boat. Is that true? Has anyone done it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My first cruise I planned to spend all 7 days on the ship even though we had three stops; until we saw that everything shut down in port.

We are glad that has changed over the years, but we do get off if not just to stretch out legs a bit.

I've not done this particular cruise, but I have stayed on the ship a few times while in port. I have to say it is very nice, no crowds..and you pretty much get free reign of the pools / hot tubs / water slides...if you like that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship days in port can be relaxing. It really can feel like you have the ship to yourselves. We did this in Mazatlan during Spring Break this year. Really depends on what type of people are in your group though. Our family is never in a hurry to get off the ship but we have traveled with others that always want to be first off. Unlike almost all other ports of call, Ensenada has a very limited line up of fun options. We have never stayed on the ship though since downtown is so close. If nothing else, I would at least head out of the port and down Primera street towards Papas and Hussongs for a little exercise, take a look around and if you like what you see, stay and enjoy it. If not, turn around and head back to the ship. You will have only given up an hour of your day or so and you can then say you have actually been to Ensenda. We usually spend a couple hours downtown grabbing a beer or two and some lunch. On the way back to the ship you can support the locals by buying a bottle of tequila or a wooden dolphin or some other thing that will likely end up in buried in a drawer at home. A pretty good assortment on Primera. Pre-kids it was a whole day adventure at Papas barely making it back before the ship sailed. Whatever you decide to do, have fun!

We did the 4 day version of this cruise and only got off in Catalina. Stayed on the boat in Encinada. We have a toddler, so not much exciting for him to do in that port. It was nice, because it wasn't as windy at Waterwork since the ship wasn't moving. We laid out by the pools and went in the hot tub. Just a nice relaxing day.

I haven't in Ensenada but probably will this July since my daughter is going. I have spent a day onboard on a two day stop in Cabo. Very quiet and relaxing on the ship.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I did a 7 night southern Caribe, which I had done 6 months prior on Celebrity. On the second one, I never got off the ship. Worked on my sun tan, toured the ship, and read good books. Wife went ashore with my mother.:D