Welcome Reception (Reposted Correctly) ;)

We booked a "Cuisine" package with same big box for a European cruise

on Celebrity and the private reception was outstanding.

Free flowing drinks and hot and cold premium snacks served by staff. It was held in the Cellar Masters venue and had a very exclusive feel.

This was a small group so it probably depends on the size of your "group".

There was some uncertainty before hand about what to expect but it all worked out great.

Hope you are also pleasantly surprised.

Wouldn't you think that most folks who book with a big box store may want to get all the perks possible and show up?

I booked thru them and I won't be attending. I can do better than the kool-aid and cheese&crackers they will provide in Park Cafe. But then again I'm a party pooper (every party needs one, that's why they invited me).

But who knows, maybe the description on the invite in my cabin will change my mind. Doubt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I would much rather do the Cruise Critic M&M than something with a bunch of random Big Box customers (most of whom probably won't show up anyway).

I think it it conflicts with the M&M I would much rather go to that, but the OP had asked what it was and it was NOT easy finding out about what it was...I'd go just out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks for everyone's input on the "welcome reception" put on by this travel company. I'll look for the invitation in my stateroom. I was basically wondering approximately what time the reception might be, hoping that it doesn't conflict with our traditional dining time or the evening shows.

This travel agent always gives us great deals and customer serivce. So looking forward to our cruise in September! :)

Thanks for everyone's input on the "welcome reception" put on by this travel company. I'll look for the invitation in my stateroom. I was basically wondering approximately what time the reception might be, hoping that it doesn't conflict with our traditional dining time or the evening shows.

I've seen several people ask before and never seemed to be able to get an answer. Must be someone who went to one with them before.

This travel agent always gives us great deals and customer serivce. So looking forward to our cruise in September! :)

Happy sailing...and please report back and let us know what to expect! :D

I agree, Geeocacher! I assumed someone on this forum would have gone to this reception. Lots of experienced cruisers with great information here.

Thanks, widallas! I will be sure to report back about the reception when I return. :)

• 2 months later...

I just returned from our Canada/NE cruise on the Anthem. For those who have booked through this travel agent, the reception for our cruise was in the evening on Day 2. Unfortunately, we did not attend, because it was during our early classic dinner time of 5:30 pm.

All of our coupons for complimentary specialty dining, soda package, Johnny Rockets and spa treatments were already in our cabin when we boarded. Our OBC was also posted to our onboard account. Guest Relations told us to check our account on the television on the Day 2. It usually takes about 24-48 hours to post, but it actually showed up earlier when I checked.

I will try to do a review in a week or two. But just for a preview, my family and I had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to sail on the Anthem again! We all loved the ship & crew!

Thanks for the update, I'm leaving this Sunday on the Liberty, and also have 5:30 dinner reservations, I will report back..

Please report back on the welcome reception and other freebies that were given by the TA, I'm on during Thanksgiving week and they offered this package for that week also.

How's this for a speedy response..

You have a sheet with coupons in your stateroom when you arrive.

Ours was on Monday, 1st formal night,at 4 pm. It was in Olive or Twist lounge, no food was served, but all the drinks of any kind you wanted. They carried trays of drinks around, wine and frozen drinks. My friend ordered a Martini and had no problems. We had the Ultimate drink package, so it didn't really do much for us, our friends didn't so they took quite advantage of it. It was probably attended by about 125 or so.

The rice crispy treat was delivered to our stateroom a couple of days in, it was a BIG lolly pop on a stick, with frosting rice crispy treat.

Ben and Jerry's is a really small scoop of ice cream for up to 4, depending on how many there are in your stateroom.

We never used the Johnny Rockets.

We used the specialty dining in Chops, and were extremely disappointed with both food and terrible service.

My wife did the cupcake class with her friend, she had fun but she did it on Saturday, and we were so stuffed, she gave it to our room attendant. They kept adding classes because of our TA.

We didn't use the soft drink package, used purchased the Ultimate package, but our friends, it is soda from the dining room of bars, no canned drinks or bottled water

If I missed anything, ask me. We had a great time, except for Chops and 1 cupcake employee that probably didn't want to be there.

I would like to know the name of this TA. I don't get any freebies.because I book my own cruises. Is there a way to find out their name?

Not supposed to name TA's on here, but they are a VERY large warehouse store, if you googled warehouse store it would probably be near the top. You have to have a membership.

We also recieved a $95 obc.

Edited by Texasopa

We got many of the same perks as Texasopa...about $165 per balcony for OBC, plus the specialty meal, JR and cupcakes. The gratuities would have been nice! I also noticed that for future cruises they had switched to store credit...I mean it's all money but OBC is just subconsciously more fun to use! [emoji23]

Texasopa -- thanks for reporting back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas
Addition

We used the specialty dining in Chops, and were extremely disappointed with both food and terrible service.

If I missed anything, ask me. We had a great time, except for Chops and 1 cupcake employee that probably didn't want to be there.

So bummed to hear about Chops! Reviews seem to be all over the place...I was hoping to do Giovanni's but the hubby has his heart set on steak. What was wrong with the food and service?

Glad to hear your cruise was a good one overall!!!

How's this for a speedy response..

You have a sheet with coupons in your stateroom when you arrive.

Ours was on Monday, 1st formal night,at 4 pm. It was in Olive or Twist lounge, no food was served, but all the drinks of any kind you wanted. They carried trays of drinks around, wine and frozen drinks. My friend ordered a Martini and had no problems. We had the Ultimate drink package, so it didn't really do much for us, our friends didn't so they took quite advantage of it. It was probably attended by about 125 or so.

The rice crispy treat was delivered to our stateroom a couple of days in, it was a BIG lolly pop on a stick, with frosting rice crispy treat.

Ben and Jerry's is a really small scoop of ice cream for up to 4, depending on how many there are in your stateroom.

We never used the Johnny Rockets.

My wife did the cupcake class with her friend, she had fun but she did it on Saturday, and we were so stuffed, she gave it to our room attendant. They kept adding classes because of our TA.

We didn't use the soft drink package, used purchased the Ultimate package, but our friends, it is soda from the dining room of bars, no canned drinks or bottled water

Thanks for reporting back about the reception. I wish ours was scheduled a little earlier in the evening. Sorry, you did not have good service or good food at Chops. Our service was slow, but the food was very good.

With our package of perks, we also received OBC. For our inside cabins (2) we were supposed to receive $145/cabin, but actually received $170/cabin. Not sure why we received an additional $25/cabin, but we didn't question it. :) We always use this travel agent.....great perks included most of the time. Would highly recommend.

With our package of perks, we also received OBC. For our inside cabins (2) we were supposed to receive $145/cabin, but actually received $170/cabin. Not sure why we received an additional $25/cabin, but we didn't question it. :) We always use this travel agent.....great perks included most of the time. Would highly recommend.

They seem to offer good perks...wasn't this your first cruise? Sounds like you've used them for other travel -- I think we will be doing the same! They have been very easy to work wth so far. I think our OBC was a bit higher at one point but there was a price drop; lost some OBC and I think they did charge a small fee but we still saved over $150 for our efforts. They were very accommodating about checking prices and making sure I was clear on changes.

And how awesome that you got extra OBC!

We also had 4 of the fancy cupcakes delivered day 3, with a card compliments of the TA.

As far as Chops, the waiter we had never smiled, ever. Even when he was standing outside the windjammer trying to sell Chops. His name was Vijay,

like Vijay Singh. We bought the Ultimate drink package while it was 20% off. He kept trying to push us to buy a bottle of wine for 40% off, we just wanted glasses of wine that were covered under our drink package, which cost us nothing additional.

We had to hunt him down to get refills, he then brought 2 water glasses with wine in them, then poured them into our wine glasses?? I have never seen that done anywhere. In the MDR, if you ordered additional glasses, they would bring you a new glass, then take the used one away.

We had the 9oz filet. It was OK, but I've had LOT's of better steaks. The bacon appetizer was good, it's like a BBQ pork rib but without the bone.

Widallas, I've heard the steak in Giovanni's is the best on the ship, I wanted to go there also, but was out voted.

We did the Champagne Brunch/ Galley tour on the last sea day. It included Mimosas , Champagne, lunch including a huge buffet of appetizers. Huge bowls of shrimp cocktail and cheese. Entree was off small menu but did include an excellent filet mignon. Cost for this was $35. I'm attaching a picture of the shrimp cocktails prepared in the galley.

20161001_111330.jpg.1281b1c72bbc2ca1205cc3b622c20868.jpg

For the welcome reception did you have to present anything to prove you belong there. Also how long did the free drinks flow? We are diamond member and the Diamond club is up there also and I could see Diamond people crowding in before their free happy hour starts. I'm on the Thanksgiving cruise so it is usually packed with Diamond members.

Edited by vettecruiser1