If you get an upgrade, when do you know ?

bryanjaync

First, I am very happy with my chosen cabin on the Westerdam. That being said, I think every cruiser dreams of the unexpected upgrade. If HAL does give an upgrade, when does the cruiser find out.....before docs are mailed, with the docs, after docs are received, at the terminal, anytime from the travel agent, ???? All of the above ?

First, I am very happy with my chosen cabin on the Westerdam. That being said, I think every cruiser dreams of the unexpected upgrade. If HAL does give an upgrade, when does the cruiser find out.....before docs are mailed, with the docs, after docs are received, at the terminal, anytime from the travel agent, ???? All of the above ?

I take it from your post that you selected a specific cabin, and you had your TA note your file that you would accept an upgrade. Please understand that upgrades are not the "usual and customary".

However, if (and it's a big "if') the upgrade fairy decides to sprinkle her dust on you then your TA should be notified a few days-one week before sailing. It's also possible to learn as late as check-in.

In any case have a nice cruise.

Archived