$50 OBC - Success in adding it to existing reservation?

Iamthesea

Received an email from Celebrity this morning offering a $50 OBC for my DH's birthday - in August. I will probably get one, as well because my birthday is also in August.

Has anyone had success in applying this to an existing reservation?

You can look at my signature and see that we have multiple Celebrity cruises already booked. We do have the 1-2-3, Go All Inclusive, and whatever the last promo was (just booked a cruise last week and got all 4 Perks for a Suite) attached to each booling, already.

We tried. Can't be combined with more than one offer. We ended up getting it applied to our transatlantic since there is no offer other than a little OBC for that.

as I am before final payment, even though I paid on full already...

From the email..." Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. "

Bernadette

So, who would I call...the Captains Club? Glad that neither of the below cruises have been turned over to a TA.

I could have one put on our October cruise and one put on our AUS/NZ cruise in February. I should get the second offer by next week. Our birthdays are a week apart.

I received the email as well. I called my TA, and they honored it on my existing booking. My TA couldn't get the promo code to stick in her system, so she had to call Celebrity. I only had GoBig with Classic Beverage package since it's so far out (Nov 2017)

I got mine recently - and within 24 hours of booking a B2B - called X and they were able to apply the $50 OBC to both itineraries, for a total of $100 OBC between the two.

oceanview or higher...and also for new bookings only...that was why I said I was before final payment...cause i could cancel completely, rebooking the same cruise and losing nothing, but adding the extra 50$..

so it is easier for them to just add the 50$ instead of redoing my entire booking...

Bernadette

Received an email from Celebrity this morning offering a $50 OBC for my DH's birthday - in August. I will probably get one, as well because my birthday is also in August.

Congratulations & an early happy birthday to both of you.

For those who have received the birthday OBC, is this offer tied to a specific Captain's Club level or is it offered to all past passengers? Thanks.

I believe it is offered to all Captains Club members. We have received it in the past, but never thought about applying it to one of our cruises.

I got mine recently - and within 24 hours of booking a B2B - called X and they were able to apply the $50 OBC to both itineraries, for a total of $100 OBC between the two.

WOW, $50 for both? I am calling tomorrow. ;)

Hmmmmm... I have a birthday in August and I didn't get an email😡. I could use some OBC for our TA this fall

Remember, I did not get one either. DH's birthday is the middle of the month and mine is at the end. (August) I figured they were sending bathces out.

I believe it is offered to all Captains Club members. We have received it in the past, but never thought about applying it to one of our cruises.

WOW, $50 for both? I am calling tomorrow. ;)

Remember, I did not get one either. DH's birthday is the middle of the month and mine is at the end. (August) I figured they were sending bathces out.

Mine is on the 1st! Guess I will call the Captains Club tomorrow. Checked my profile and the have correct email address:confused:

Congratulations & an early happy birthday to both of you.

For those who have received the birthday OBC, is this offer tied to a specific Captain's Club level or is it offered to all past passengers? Thanks.

I've never been on a cruise with Celebrity before. I don't think level matters. I got one for my husband's birthday which is in August.

I've never been on a cruise with Celebrity before. I don't think level matters. I got one for my husband's birthday which is in August.

We've sailed Celebrity several times and have three future cruises booked. DH's birthday was last month and we heard nothing - clearly we are doing something wrong! Or you are doing something right. :D

Mine is on the 1st! Guess I will call the Captains Club tomorrow. Checked my profile and the have correct email address:confused:

Joan - did you get it squared away with the Captain's Club? Barb

I'm not seeing a birthday greeting or offer either. Who would the sender have been, when should I have received this, and what was the subject (that way I can look in my old email)? Is the offer something I can look up in my Captian's Club account? My husband and I both have birthdays at the end of June and are Select members.

My email came from News@email.celebritycruises.com, with the subject Celebrate with Celebrity Cruises. I received it a little over 2 months before my birthday which is just coming up this month. I would suggest calling the Captain's Club and asking them about it. As long as it's not past final payment and you don't already have two perks on your reservations, they "should" be able to apply it. We're Elite but don't think that makes any difference.

Good luck.

Edited by zelker

My email came from News@email.celebritycruises.com, with the subject Celebrate with Celebrity Cruises. I received it a little over 2 months before my birthday which is just coming up this month. I would suggest calling the Captain's Club and asking them about it. As long as it's not past final payment and you don't already have two perks on your reservations, they "should" be able to apply it. We're Elite but don't think that makes any difference.

Good luck.

Thanks!! Past final for the Galapagos in June, but, not for the Equinox in Jan. Also, may want to think about booking a future cruise while on the Xpedition.

• 2 weeks later...