Thermal Suite Charge

you can go on the arrival day and ask for a quick inspection. then if you think it is worth the money then sign up and ask the total costs.

I think most spas on board ships are leased out to other companies or a business. So do not see the relevance of a gratuity charge. You never see the staff when you are in there..not like they are coming in a painting your toe nails.

We are on the Symphony in 3 wks and I checked it out in a video and it is located on deck 5 in a small area with about 6 to 8 thermal beds with two different style showers ea. and a sauna and steam room and that's it. No windows and the beds are facing a ceramic wall . I have been on many cruises with thermal spas and enjoy them a lot , but this is very disappointing and I am going to pass but I will check first. I was on Reflection last year and they had a spa with 10 beds with great views of the ocean with 4 different rooms of steam, ice , salt and sauna plus 4 different types of showers.I found that the Royal Princess was the best of any cruise line !

Edited by fielddreamer

Has anyone used Thermal Suite on Anthem ( or that class ship)? What is it like? I wasn't able to get good description or pictures on RCCL website. Thank you. Oh, yes, one more. What are the usual onboard prices for 8 nights Bahamas sailings? TY

On 11/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, magpie9 said:

you can go on the arrival day and ask for a quick inspection. then if you think it is worth the money then sign up and ask the total costs.

I think most spas on board ships are leased out to other companies or a business. So do not see the relevance of a gratuity charge. You never see the staff when you are in there..not like they are coming in a painting your toe nails.

Actually the spas are contracted out to a third party, mostly Steiner.  This includes the entire spa.  I.E. if you get a massage, a pedicure, manicure, nail polish, hair service, buy the thermal suite pass, you are in Steiner "territory" .  It has been my experrience that the gratuity is embedded in the cost when you book a massage.  Of course there is a line when you check out that allows you to give an additional tip.

I can not remember what happens when you purchase a thermal suite pass.

Btw this is a resurricated thread from several years back.