The Sea Called Again

Jumping out of my comfort zone and just booked Oasis. Ever since it was built I said it was too big. Freedom class was as big as I wanted (and we love the Freedom class). We prefer Port Canaveral and the only choices next winter will be Majesty or Oasis. Very sad they pulled the Freedom from PC. :(

Pretty satisfied with the price of a D8 so it's booked. Just the girls this time. Sister, cousins and friends. Time now to start reading up on this behemoth and of course add my 2 cents to the roll call.

Cathy

You will love the Oasis. We have sailed her many times. Several months before you cruise, book your dining times & shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jcg4550

I've done nothing but the Radiance class, and my next two are going to be Anthem and Harmony. I always thought they would be too big and wanted to try some of the medium size (Freedom class) first, but hey, sometimes you gotta just jump into the deep end of the pool :D

May I please just add my two cents to this?

So many people over the years state: "I will never go on the cruise ship Mall" and I don't understand. If you never try, you will never know if you like it or not.

My personal opinion is the Oasis and Allure are the best ships in the world. They never, ever feel crowded because there are sooo many areas on these ships to go. So many venues. We absolutely love the mega ships. We have just booked the Rhapsody recently knowing this is a very SMALL ship and we are dreading it. The reason we booked it, is because it has an amazing itinerary for an insane price. Having been on one other small ship, I truly believe it is worse even though there are less people. People tend to congregate in the popular areas and I hate it. So claustrophobic. I would rather have 6500 spread out than 2200 in a consolidated area. I hope you get what I am trying to say.

Give it a try....you may never return to the small intimate ships. :)

This is my favorite class ship - make sure you make your show reservations, if you can't do it online, call them and they will help you. At first I hated the idea of having to set up reservations, but once you're on the ship you'll be glad you did do it as soon as they open - most say book the aqua show the first night - so incase you run into storms, they might cancel - just a thought

Thanks for all your replies and the tips for reservations. We've got a lot to learn about sailing a mega ship like the Oasis. Thankfully we have lots of time.

I actually like the other classes too, even the smaller ships. Was on the Mariner back when she was relatively new. Loved her but I'm not a fan of the Navigator, especially the pool area. That might have had something to do with the fact we sailed right smack dab in the middle of spring break. Lesson learned.

Cathy

If you have a channel called AWE, search for an episode of "Dream Cruises" about Allure that they air periodically. The first time we watched it we decided to take the plunge and booked. We watched it again recently and it got us really excited for our cruise -- which unfortunately is a little over 11 months away!

I'm sure I will enjoy Oasis for everything it has to offer, but I thought Independence was borderline too big. I got more exercise than I care to get on vacation, walking up and down it ten times a day. :D