am I missing something or loosing my mind

hlb76

Wow from asking if we can pay online to being told how and why I should pre-pay them or not to removing them. Geez..... Thanks to those that confirmed I can not pay on line.

LOL! I wasn't referring to your OP! Sorry! It was the comment about "then you can't remove them! Don't do it!" that set me off! You have to forgive me on this subject! Former Crew here! It is EXHAUSTING work!

I hope you were able to call Carnival and get the grats added!

I personally would never remove them. I may not tip above and beyond if I don't feel it's earned. I personally like to have as much paid before hand vs the shock factor after. All my choice and it's my money so not sure what business of anyone else's is how I spend it. And when I day shock factor I don't mean grats are a shock, they are factored into my budget. Though when you get that S &S bill grats, gift shop, bar, kids in arcade, etc sometimes it's a shock, even when expected and calculated.

Not sure why people are actually PAYING their grats now. You don't have to pay for them now, only have them on your reservation prior to the deadline to be grandfathered into the lower rate. I asked this question in an email to my PVP yesterday and that's the answer she gave me.

NOT TRUE!! They are going up after May 9th and if NOT pre-paid (which is what "grandfathers" you to old rate), you will be paying the newer higher rate on your S&S account, if sailing after May 9th. Better ask your PVP again!!

Edited by buddylover

NOT TRUE!! They are going up after May 9th and if NOT pre-paid (which is what "grandfathers" you to old rate), you will be paying the newer higher rate on your S&S account, if sailing after May 9th. Better ask your PVP again!!

It only needs to be added to your account - not paid. As long as you have a deposit on a cruise and Gratuities are a part of it (as in you manually added it in), you are grandfathered under the lower price. Feel free to call my PVP. I've already asked him this.

It only needs to be added to your account - not paid. As long as you have a deposit on a cruise and Gratuities are a part of it (as in you manually added it in), you are grandfathered under the lower price. Feel free to call my PVP. I've already asked him this.

That is also what it states on Carnival - "Please note, effective for all cruises departing on or after September 1, 2016, the recommended gratuities amount will increase from $12.00 USD to $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and to $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. If gratuities are added to your booking by May 9, 2016 and paid in full by the final payment date, you will not be subject to the increased amount." https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123

I called last week (because I had already paid my balance) & added the gratuities. The cruise is COMPLETELY paid for now (including drink pkgs & excursions)! Woo hoo! I will bring $ to tip extra during my trip. The only things posted on my sail & sign will be shopping (gotta love "gold by the inch" sales!) & pictures! :D

That is also what it states on Carnival - "Please note, effective for all cruises departing on or after September 1, 2016, the recommended gratuities amount will increase from $12.00 USD to $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and to $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. If gratuities are added to your booking by May 9, 2016 and paid in full by the final payment date, you will not be subject to the increased amount." https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123

I called last week (because I had already paid my balance) & added the gratuities. The cruise is COMPLETELY paid for now (including drink pkgs & excursions)! Woo hoo! I will bring $ to tip extra during my trip. The only things posted on my sail & sign will be shopping (gotta love "gold by the inch" sales!) & pictures! :D

Thanks. I think the part that must be confusing the previous poster and possibly their PVP is the part I highlighted, bolded, and underlined.