am I missing something or loosing my mind

hlb76

I cant seem to find how to prepay your grats online. I swear you could do it via your booking on carnival.com. But maybe I'm wrong?? I know I could on my NCL cruise so maybe thats where I am wrong.

I cant seem to find how to prepay your grats online. I swear you could do it via your booking on carnival.com. But maybe I'm wrong?? I know I could on my NCL cruise so maybe thats where I am wrong.

I tried doing so yesterday ...had to call..you can only prepay online at the time of booking. Spoke with a very nice rep..done in just a few minutes .

I tried to do this for 2 people in our room of 4 and they wouldn't let me. You have to either prepay grats for everyone in the room or none at all. Just an FYI for anyone else who might want to do this.

I tried to do this for 2 people in our room of 4 and they wouldn't let me. You have to either prepay grats for everyone in the room or none at all. Just an FYI for anyone else who might want to do this.

Yes that is correct. Not sure why that is though.

Why give Carnival your money now when you could have it in an interest bearing account?

Because I buy Gift Cards at 10-20% off. The gift card people already have my money and I like everything taken care of before I step foot on the ship. Less gift cards floating around = less potential for fraud and me misplacing them. Yes I do take pictures of the hard GCs and have email copies of the e-cards, but when you accrue many over a period of time, it gets to be a little confusing. So I use them up as I go.

While I do understand people wanting to save money where ever possible, and paying for tips for multiple people definitely saves money with the rate hike, but am I the only person that doesn't like to pay for a service before it is received?

I have 33 days coming up on the Vista, and I travel solo, so it's not really a huge chunk of change out of my pocket.

While I do understand people wanting to save money where ever possible, and paying for tips for multiple people definitely saves money with the rate hike, but am I the only person that doesn't like to pay for a service before it is received?

I have 33 days coming up on the Vista, and I travel solo, so it's not really a huge chunk of change out of my pocket.

I can see where some people may feel that way and no one is right or wrong. I think the difference is mindset. I consider it nothing more than part of the taxes/port fees and not negotiable. I have to pay for airfare and the cruise itself before I ever step foot on either so to me it's no different.

Not sure why people are actually PAYING their grats now. You don't have to pay for them now, only have them on your reservation prior to the deadline to be grandfathered into the lower rate. I asked this question in an email to my PVP yesterday and that's the answer she gave me.

Not sure why people are actually PAYING their grats now. You don't have to pay for them now, only have them on your reservation prior to the deadline to be grandfathered into the lower rate. I asked this question in an email to my PVP yesterday and that's the answer she gave me.

That is correct. Eventually you will end up paying them before your cruise at final payment. Some people don't care to do that and want to have them added to their onboard account.

An extra $1 a day per person is not enough to to me to warrant paying everything now or even adding it to my reservation before hand. If you get really bad service you are not going to be able to adjust your tips

An extra $1 a day per person is not enough to to me to warrant paying everything now or even adding it to my reservation before hand. If you get really bad service you are not going to be able to adjust your tips

It has been said that you can if you prepay but I have never removed gratuities of any type so I wouldn't know. It would be highly doubtful that you would receive such bad service that it would warrant doing so, but I guess it's possible. In that case I would leave them on and contact their supervisor and be sure to mention the details in the post cruise survey. But again, that's me and I'm aware that not everyone shares the same opinion.

Again, it boils down to mindset. I'm my mind it's all a part of cruising and really isn't a tip. It's a service charge. Those who take care of me get extra in cash and an honorable mention in my survey. Those that did a poor job (thankfully really haven't had that happen) wouldn't get any extra and a dishonorable mention in the survey.

Where do you get that you will not be able to adjust your tips. You CAN in fact adjust your tips even if prepaid. BUT FRANKLY, why would you???? Do you work for minimum wage or lower? This is part of cruising. Period.

I wish people would realize that just because it is called a tip, it really isn't. It is the person that is away from their family for months at a times wages. If you have a beef, take it up with the appropriate person and do not take away their pay. Do you sit down at your desk and do everything PERFECTLY, every time? Do you make mistakes at work? If so, DO NOT remove these peoples income!

If you can't AFFORD to pay them, then don't cruise.

It has been said that you can if you prepay but I have never removed gratuities of any type so I wouldn't know. It would be highly doubtful that you would receive such bad service that it would warrant doing so, but I guess it's possible. In that case I would leave them on and contact their supervisor and be sure to mention the details in the post cruise survey. But again, that's me and I'm aware that not everyone shares the same opinion.

Again, it boils down to mindset. I'm my mind it's all a part of cruising and really isn't a tip. It's a service charge. Those who take care of me get extra in cash and an honorable mention in my survey. Those that did a poor job (thankfully really haven't had that happen) wouldn't get any extra and a dishonorable mention in the survey.

LOL! We were posting the same thing at the same time! SEE FIREMANBOBSWIFE! We are closer in our thinking unless it involves credit, than we thought!

LOL! We were posting the same thing at the same time! SEE FIREMANBOBSWIFE! We are closer in our thinking unless it involves credit, than we thought!

Hahahahaha! I forgot all about that conversation [emoji4]. As long as we handle our finances and can still afford to cruise AND tip, life is good!

Why give Carnival your money now when you could have it in an interest bearing account?

I'm assuming this was "tongue in cheek"? ;) You'd earn a whole .00001% on that money.:confused:

We decided to pre-pay our B2B (14 days) cuz that's 3 more Chocolate Mocha Get-aways for me!!!

We always tip extra to cabin steward & waitstaff so we thought we'd take advantage of being grandfathered in.

Wow from asking if we can pay online to being told how and why I should pre-pay them or not to removing them. Geez..... Thanks to those that confirmed I can not pay on line.

e31.jpg.131a91c94372957683a8454fb970f4ff.jpg

Because I like having things paid up and out of the way more than I like that .20 cents interest I earned.