Vista Havana 5201

Cruznjuly

The Vista Havana Balcony cabin 5201 is available on my desired sailing, and has been so for over a month- just that one cabin in Havana area.

I figured it would be gone by now, but it hasn't been. Price just went up about $60 total from last week, but other than that, it's been the same price for a month.

Can you think of any reason this isn't being snatched up? ALL I read about is that the Havana rooms go in a heartbeat, and this one has just been sitting there.

Any ideas?:confused:

Yes we are a family of 4...

Out of curiosity, I put in 2 people and there were NO choices at all.

Over a year away, and not surprising all Havanas are booked, but just wondering about this one.

Maybe I am too into conspiracies. LOL

Hmmmm....

We booked this exact cabin for December 24, 2016 sailing. It's on the end nearest the Ocean Plaza and sleeps 4. I think it's going to be an awesome choice!

Are you worried about it being backed up to the Plaza Bar? That is one thing making me hesitate.

Not really. We sleep with a sound machine on so it eliminates a lot of noise. We did a balcony on Lido last year and heard nothing. Hoping for same sound-proofing

Balconies on the Lido are always quiet (unless you have loud neighbors which can happen anywhere). They don't adjoin any loud spaces as the Lido is mostly deserted at night and there are multiple doors between the outside areas on Lido and cabin hallways. Even the sound from evening movies doesn't make it into the hallways due to the multiple doors

I think it's possible that they will only book a party of 4 in that room to maximize capacity. Not sure if that's right, but if you put in 2 guests and it did not pull, then I'm guessing they are controlling it for capacity.

I don't think too many stay with 4 adults (or young adults) in a room, and since there are only three Cabana cabins that sleep 4, they are probably holding it for a family/group of 4.

I think it's possible that they will only book a party of 4 in that room to maximize capacity. Not sure if that's right, but if you put in 2 guests and it did not pull, then I'm guessing they are controlling it for capacity.

I don't think too many stay with 4 adults (or young adults) in a room, and since there are only three Cabana cabins that sleep 4, they are probably holding it for a family/group of 4.

We are 4...

I just can't believe it's STILL there!!!:confused:

We are 4...

I just can't believe it's STILL there!!!:confused:

Keep waiting, and it'll be gone. lol. It's the only quad cabana. The ship has only completed one sailing, so there isn't any conspiracy theories out there on it. We're a family of four, and I would take any cabin back there if my youngest was old enough.

Keep waiting, and it'll be gone. lol. It's the only quad cabana. The ship has only completed one sailing, so there isn't any conspiracy theories out there on it. We're a family of four, and I would take any cabin back there if my youngest was old enough.

Agreed! What are you waiting for??

A little hesitant due to possible noise being backed up to the bar.

Also there is ZERO info about it.

If I book it, I can only upgrade not downgrade so it's a risk IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A little hesitant due to possible noise being backed up to the bar.

Also there is ZERO info about it.

If I book it, I can only upgrade not downgrade so it's a risk IMO.

Not sure when your selected cruise date is, but you could always book a rate that allows cancelation without penalty. Then, as info comes in from those cabins - decide and follow thru on your options (cancel, convert to ES, change cabins, etc)

Not sure when your selected cruise date is, but you could always book a rate that allows cancelation without penalty. Then, as info comes in from those cabins - decide and follow thru on your options (cancel, convert to ES, change cabins, etc)

Good idea. Thanks!!

that's what we did. We're booked in a Havana Cabin for February 2017, but with this type of area being so new..... we hedged our bets and booked under a cancellable rate. Good thing too. My husband is getting a little nervous about the lack of privacy. :(

that's what we did. We're booked in a Havana Cabin for February 2017, but with this type of area being so new..... we hedged our bets and booked under a cancellable rate. Good thing too. My husband is getting a little nervous about the lack of privacy. :(

Mine too. When I showed him the pics, the first response wasn't the "OHHHHHH" like most people. It was, "So anyone can hop that short fence and get to my cabin?"

I know they're locked now.... Can't wait for the reports to start coming in!!

No fun select? Sea and save? Did you click on "see other rates"?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh yes fun select. Didn't think it was cancellable because they didn't highlight it as a benefit of that rate like they usually do.

Okay... Off to read the full thing!

17377ec5be3580387bc12826fd682168.jpg

1b6f414d9f2e6c6ee4eaaa63ee99601f.jpg

So refundable but subject to cancellation penalties? Which is it?

I called and they said it's a $50-$100 per person cancellation fee... Then we got disconnected and I called back and they other agent said it means $0 cancellation if I rebook another cruise or cabin on same cruise.

So confusing

Past guest rate is fully refundable up to the date of final payment. Meaning if you decide to cancel your cruise for any reason, you get a full refund. You also can change you cabin and change passenger names without any penalty. The first person you talked to was incorrect. I have booked past guest rate many times and it has no cancellation fees before final payment date. Once final payment date comes and goes, ANY rate will incur cancellation fees based on a sliding scale. The closer to sail date, the more you lose if you cancel.

If you are concerned about the havana cabin, go ahead and book it using a refundable rate as advised. You can change it if you change your mind - to any other cabin you want - another balcony, interior, whatever you want. Past guest rates do not come with the "no downgrade" restriction that early saver does.

If you decide to change dates on the same ship, you can do that as well. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...