Periscoping & Live Review from independence of the sea's

Villain is 100% correct it is easy to resize on your phone and delete the original picture is you want. I take a different step and delete the resized photo and when I get to wifi I upload my pics to google images, delete the pictures and have more space on my phone.

I delete both the original and re-sized photo right after I upload it to CC. That's what I love about the Tapatalk and CC apps - it makes a copy of the photo so you don't need to keep it anywhere anymore.

If you wanted to upload a photo on the web-based version of CC, you would need to use something like photobucket and keep it in your account forever.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Hi all, we are currently on route to Gibraltar the sea is lovely and calm but unfortunately it is cold, just 12 degrees. Pretty much no one has ventured outside today so the Royal promenade etc has been really busy.

We had breakfast in the windjammer this morning, the food was great. We got there pretty early around 7.30am by the time we left 8.45am there were no tables left and a lot of people walking around looking for a table [emoji51].

The little one had her first adventure in the Kids club, it was all going so well until she wanted weeee weeeee but didn't tell anyone and just cried so we got the call and went and got her. We also had lunch in the Windjammer and the same situation people looking for tables. This must be because the weather is so poor and everyone is inside the ship with no one being on deck.

Tonight is the first formal evening so I will soon be heading back to the cabin to put my Tux on [emoji106]🏻

If anyone has any questions please ask. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I will continue to Scope as much as possible.

Thanks so much for your reviews. I havent the foggiest what you mean when you talk about "periscope" so would appreciate if you could upload some pics onto here.

We are on this ship 18th June and so looking forward to it. Any information will be appreciated. We have heard that the cup-cake service has been replaced with a "pie" shop can you confirm this and if so what types of "pies". Looking forward to more reviews.

Anne

Thanks so much for your reviews. I havent the foggiest what you mean when you talk about "periscope" so would appreciate if you could upload some pics onto here.

We are on this ship 18th June and so looking forward to it. Any information will be appreciated. We have heard that the cup-cake service has been replaced with a "pie" shop can you confirm this and if so what types of "pies". Looking forward to more reviews.

Anne

Periscope is an app by which someone can stream live videos. I just discovered this myself so I don't know much about it, but if you have a smart phone or tablet you can download the free app and "join" in, watch the live stream, and even comment as it goes along. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can chime in here with more/better information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Anne

Hi Anne, the pie shop opened today but didn't look in. I will check it out tomorrow and hopefully get it in my next scope

Last night was the first formal unfortunately because the little slept until 6.10pm and we still had to get ready we ended up eating in the Windjammer. On the table next to ours there were 4 people like me from the UK. Really sorry to say they were rude to the waitress in the windjammer. It is people like this who show no respect to anyone. They were talking/ordering the waitress around like their own personal slave. When they left I had a little chat with the waitress and said we are all not like that etc. She was lovely and said every cruise she gets them.

On a brighter note it was lovely to get all dressed up and we kept getting stopped by people wanting to tell us how beautiful our little looked in her dressed (Proud Daddy [emoji4]) I will hopefully do another s one later today

Opppsss mistype. I meant to say I will hopefully periscope more today and show you all our cabin.

It is still overcast but has warmed up a little, it is now only minus 99 [emoji12]. The little one went in the H2O Zone for a little bit and we are currently sitting outside next to the H2O Zone. With a bit of luck the sun will come out later [emoji51]

ImageUploadedByForums1463411177.468251.jpg.a78552d0171ad970a271ecc72b3d5280.jpg

The little ones club

ImageUploadedByForums1463411206.469295.jpg.2235b5e95a0d97fe027d840787bd8854.jpg

Helps you get round the ship

ImageUploadedByForums1463411241.506587.jpg.e957f8468e50a9296b8bc7834d89012c.jpg

Beautiful and amazing sometimes you can forget you are on a ship

ImageUploadedByForums1463411287.457880.jpg.9225b9f4fbb30a7852eca82e5d5f3529.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1463411308.544321.jpg.311de74fe3af9ecb4cb1733a414d850f.jpg

I will post more pics later.

Also check out my periscopes. The new Pie shop is in one of them [emoji106]🏻

I will be on Indy in two weeks, on her next cruise. Can you tell something about the evening shows?

We saw one show so far. It was a comedian. To be honest he wasn't that good and not many people were laughing. Not great when your a comedian [emoji12]

There is the normal song and dance shows which the RC performing do. If you haven't seen them before I am sure you will enjoy them.

Watched your periscopes, thanks. Can't believe they changed the cupcake shop to a pie shop for the UK cruisers [emoji23]

We're joining her in October for a Canaries cruise, thinking about getting the Internet package in advance - is the surf & stream working OK for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135

On a side note we had a problem with the internet so headed to guest services. Once again great service and it is all sorted now. There was a huge que at guest services and there was a lady walking up and down the que trying to help. A huge amount of people in the que were removing the auto gratuities. I noticed she had around 40 cabin number on her paper with people opting out and can only assume the pages previous were the same. .

I read this yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since. How sad for the crew members. Don't remember how the topic came up, but when I was on the Indy last February, I was talking with the crew member on "guard duty" outside one of the cabin access areas. (The one telling everyone that they could not go to their cabins until after 1:00.). He was about 90% sure he would not be renewing his contract because of the Indy's return to England and the reduction in income he would experience.

I am sincerely not wanting to stir up the tipping issue. In fact, I really prefer the English system where all get paid a fair wage. However, that system does not exist on Royal's ships. I wish there was some way that it was adjusted for sailings abroad by the creation of a non-negotiable service fee or whatever it would be called. Unfortunately, until then, it is people like the young man I spoke with that are getting hurt by this.

Following you on this cruise for the first time using periscope and it was great.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to do this.

I "saw" the Pie shop in your scope and wondered, what on earth is that !

I was last on Indy in 2014 and really enjoyed the ship although I have to be honest and say that I never did go to the Cup Cake shop either !

I sincerely hope you and your family have a great cruise.

Regards

Ron.

Watched your periscopes, thanks. Can't believe they changed the cupcake shop to a pie shop for the UK cruisers [emoji23]

We're joining her in October for a Canaries cruise, thinking about getting the Internet package in advance - is the surf & stream working OK for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Caroline. I am impressed with the surf & stream package. The Internet drops out sometimes but on the whole it is good

Following you on this cruise for the first time using periscope and it was great.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to do this.

I "saw" the Pie shop in your scope and wondered, what on earth is that !

I was last on Indy in 2014 and really enjoyed the ship although I have to be honest and say that I never did go to the Cup Cake shop either !

I sincerely hope you and your family have a great cruise.

Regards

Ron.

I Ron, thank you for following my scopes. It is my pleasure to do them

Thank you for the review, pics and scopes. Absolutely loving following this as we are on Indy at end July for our first cruise.

Hi Graham, you will have a wonderful time. This ship is amazing as are the crew [emoji106]🏻

Thank you for taking the time to do this on your vacation (holiday). I downloaded periscope and watched your scopes. Very nice

We sail Indy for Christmas.

Hi Vavasmom. It is my pleasure. Have a super time on board this coming Christmas