Traditional MDR still available?

pris993

Few years since we have been on HAL, was just trying to do a booking, found not option for fixed late dining? Would prefer a set table late each night, is that still possible?

Few years since we have been on HAL, was just trying to do a booking, found not option for fixed late dining? Would prefer a set table late each night, is that still possible?

Yes. Both early and late dining are still available.

Times for fixed dining are 5:30 for early and 8 for late dining.

If you book a cruise early enough, you are pretty much guaranteed the dining time you want. But if you wait until the last couple of months, you will be assigned Open Seating as traditional dining fills up fast.

Late fixed seating, our preference, can be affected by a large group on board. Learned on CC boards that these groups are usually assigned late seating. For our Alaska cruise this Summer we have been waitlisted since our original booking in October.

on our recent westerdam cruise both dining rooms were used for anytime dining. We did not witness this but were told of vacant chairs in traditional being filled with folks from anytime dining.

Times for fixed dining are 5:30 for early and 8 for late dining.

If you book a cruise early enough, you are pretty much guaranteed the dining time you want. But if you wait until the last couple of months, you will be assigned Open Seating as traditional dining fills up fast.

I book my cruises almost 1 year before and I have only open seating to choose, I can't pick traditional, pfffffffff why I don't know.

It is true that the closer you get to sailing day, the fixed dining availabilities are very limited. If you book early, you can usually get a fixed assignment, early or late. Your TA or PCC can handle this. You also must specify what kind of table you want, 2, 4 or 6 top. On most ships, the lower floor MDR is for As You Wish, while the upper level is fixed. However, guests that notify their waiter or matre'd that they will be dining elsewhere the next night (specialty restaurant or Lido), they will utilize your table for As You Wish guests. Actual table assignments are usually given on-board, and you will see it on your room key/guest card. Some CC posters say that your TA may be able to get you a particular table if you request early.

I book my cruises almost 1 year before and I have only open seating to choose, I can't pick traditional, pfffffffff why I don't know.

That is why I ask this question, on the computer booking process, only anything is presented as an option, I guess when I book I will call HAL directly. I was booking for a year out also.

We booked the Koningsdam last August for this July, 2016 and could only get waitlisted for late seating but around November, we were assigned to late seating. Don't know if it was because of it being a new ship or not.

We once booked last minute (about 4 weeks out) and were given Any Time Dining but as soon as we got on the ship we went to the Maitre d' and we were able to get confirmed for late seating at the size table we requested.

Glad Traditional dining still available, I guess if I book on line and can't get what I want will call HAL initially to see if I can correct and if not, get it changed on board as suggested. Thanks all.