Dublin Transportation From the Port

I think I read a post that said there is a Princess shuttle that takes passengers from the port into Dublin.

Can anybody confirm this, or provide more info on how to get from the port into town?

Thanks!

As commonly discussed here, shuttle from the port to the Trinity College area is organized by the cruise line (rare in Europe, usually shuttles are operated by the port). Princess will provide a shuttle, and they will be a charge- something like $10pp, roundtrip. (Some cruise lines, like HAL, provide the shuttle for free.)

The ride is about 15 minutes, give or take. Walking the port is not really recommended, although some do it.

There will also be cabs available.

Does anyone have any idea what Celebrity does in Dublin as far as transportation from pier to downtown? Someone said it was 55.75 for R/T Celebrity shuttle into Dublin from port--that seems very high. Someone else said a train was available. One would think there would be multiple taxis or a cheaper Celebrity shuttle. Any info would be helpful!

Edited by Edgewater601

Does anyone have any idea what Celebrity does in Dublin as far as transportation from pier to downtown? Someone said it was 55.75 for R/T Celebrity shuttle into Dublin from port--that seems very high. Someone else said a train was available. One would think there would be multiple taxis or a cheaper Celebrity shuttle. Any info would be helpful!

I do not know about Celebrity, but there is no train and I do not know of any public bus, but others have mentioned a bus. The distance out of the port is a fair way and that could not be done by public bus.

Have you thought of asking the cruise company about shuttles in Dublin - that is what I would do?

Edited by tring

The train is actually a tram system called the luas. The nearest stop would be at the 3arena. You could walk to it in few minutes from the port and it would bring you into o Connell st. It would be the cheapest option

Are you docked in the Port of Dublin or Dun Laoghaire?

If docked in Dublin yes then shuttles for $10 to the city center. If DL then that is a tender port and much farther distance to city center so the $50.oo sounds about right.

Here is the Silhouette last year in the Port of Dublin:

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

Taxis aside our ship:

IMG_1124.jpg

Thank you so much for all this info. This is exactly what I needed and what I was looking for. Yes, we are docked in Dublin so I understand the $10 shuttle, taxis, and LUCAS are our options. The person who posted about the $55 shuttle cost in our thread just reposted that she was confused and had quoted for DL instead of D. So thank you for clarifying. Is the walking route to LUCAS clearly marked? Someone else had said that D was an industrial port that you didn't want to be walking through. Again, thank you for your very helpful advice!

Connie

The train is actually a tram system called the luas. The nearest stop would be at the 3arena. You could walk to it in few minutes from the port and it would bring you into o Connell st. It would be the cheapest option

Thank you! Is the walk to Lucas clearly marked and safe to walk in this industrial port?

Connie

Thank you! Is the walk to Lucas clearly marked and safe to walk in this industrial port?

Connie

Since we plan to take the DART from the Connelly St. station to Malahide, is that where the luas leaves us? I know O' connell st and the Tara DART station locations, but I'm not familiar with where Connelly St. is.

Thanks!

Since we plan to take the DART from the Connelly St. station to Malahide, is that where the luas leaves us? I know O' connell st and the Tara DART station locations, but I'm not familiar with where Connelly St. is.

Thanks!

There's no dart station at oconnell street. Connolly is about a ten minute walk from oconnell street. Yes the luas leaves you right at Connolly station. The one station services the luas, the dart and the trains

The LUAS from the port area will leave you at a styation called Busaras which is just across the street from Connolly station.

To Malahide, there is also the option of a bus (32 or 42) from just around the corner from Busaras, which may allow you see a little more of the countryside/coastline.