The Inaugural Vista's Official Trippingpara Mayhem in the Mediterranean Review

Nice review so far and excellent pics. Two questions: what day and time was the meet and greet (if you guys asked for one from Carnival)? Also, I have seen varying reports on the newly added additional plugs and (probably going to say this wrong USB charger ports). Are they on the dresser area, or at the head of the bed? Someone on our 7/1 sailing uses a CPAP and wonders if they will need an extension cord for it.

Thanks

Nice review so far and excellent pics. Two questions: what day and time was the meet and greet (if you guys asked for one from Carnival)? Also, I have seen varying reports on the newly added additional plugs and (probably going to say this wrong USB charger ports). Are they on the dresser area, or at the head of the bed? Someone on our 7/1 sailing uses a CPAP and wonders if they will need an extension cord for it.

Thanks

Jimbo,

The Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet and Greet was at 4:00 pm when we were docked at Palermo which was the same time we were slated to sail away. Unfortunately, many of us didn't read our Fun Times the night prior so we didn't know until it had already ended. We had no notice of when it would be in advance. You just had to keep looking at the fun times to see when it would be. From what I hear, it was very lightly attended.

The USB and electrical ports are right by the mirror on the desk. If you need a CPAP machine plugged into them then you will need an extension cord. JH stated that the Vista 2 will have the USB ports in the lamps next to the bed. But their not on the Vista (at least I never noticed any by the bed).

I meant to say...and, your review too! Love your humor!

Thank you so much. That means a lot coming from such an obviously brilliant person such as yourself. Anyone that is a "Sony-er" is clearly a highly advanced intellectual! ;)

Your photos are spectacular! You have an amazing eye. Thanks for dredging up the patience to find a way to post them so we can see them!

Thank you so much for such kind words. The fact is I am quite blind so I just point and shoot. That works very well for hunting too! :D Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to leave me such nice feedback.

Wow! The Piazza di San Marco is amazing! The Bascilica, the Doge’s Palace, the Campanile, and everything else was just jaw dropping.

DSC00238-72.jpg

Looking across the Grand Canal from Piazza San Marco to Chiesa di San Giorgio Maggiore

DSC00226-63.jpg

DSC00218-57.jpg

The Campanile di San Marco

DSC00211-53.jpg

At every cultural site in Italy, military presence could be seen. Pictured here appear to be Italian Air Force guards with a Carabinieri officer.

We walked around San Marco until we couldn’t walk anymore. We then headed back towards Rialto in search of lunch. We ended up stopping at Trattoria Aquila Nera, a small little café down a small alley. Perfect. Off the beaten path just the way we like it! I had a lasagna al forno and Lady Trip had a pizza il funghi. Both were absolutely delicious! The lasagna was different than we’re accustomed to here in the U.S. (at least the way the Trips are accustomed to!). It was served in a plate/bowl type contraption with a lot of cheesy sauce. Yuuuuuum!

DSC00305-1.jpg

Lady Trip enjoying a nice Italian beer with her lunch

DSC00349-14.jpg

Some cool Venetian masks that were in a store window

After lunch we headed back to our hotel, we got our key (which was a giant old key on a pom-pom), dragged our suitcase through the winding hallways and to our room. We then got settled in for a 2-hour power nap. It was really needed. The last time we had actually got any sleep was back in Rhode Island on Tuesday!

Jimbo,

The Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet and Greet was at 4:00 pm when we were docked at Palermo which was the same time we were slated to sail away. Unfortunately, many of us didn't read our Fun Times the night prior so we didn't know until it had already ended. We had no notice of when it would be in advance. You just had to keep looking at the fun times to see when it would be. From what I hear, it was very lightly attended.

The USB and electrical ports are right by the mirror on the desk. If you need a CPAP machine plugged into them then you will need an extension cord. JH stated that the Vista 2 will have the USB ports in the lamps next to the bed. But their not on the Vista (at least I never noticed any by the bed).

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I must have been messing up what John said about Vista 2 with Vista. Sorry for the interruption.

Loving your review and photos.

Thanks for taking the time to post. You are a great writer! I am reliving our 2012 stay in Venice through your beautiful photos.

Thank you so much for leaving such nice comments, I appreciate it! Glad you are enjoying the review so far. A ton more to come!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I must have been messing up what John said about Vista 2 with Vista. Sorry for the interruption.

No interruption at all, glad to answer any questions that anyone may have.

Hi just had to say a big thank you for such a fantastic review. love your sense of humor as well.

Fantastic pics as well.

Looking forward to going on Vista in Oct. :)

Take care

Mark.

So excited for your review! Loving it so far.

I also live in RI!

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey a fellow Rhodie!! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the review. It really helps me deal with the post traumatic cruise depression.

Hi just had to say a big thank you for such a fantastic review. love your sense of humor as well.

Fantastic pics as well.

Looking forward to going on Vista in Oct. :)

Take care

Mark.

Mark,

You are very welcome and thank you so much for such kind words. You are going to have a blast on the Vista. She is definitely my favorite ship in Carnival's fleet!

The power nap was just what the doctor ordered! We woke up fresh and rejuvenated and ready to take Venice on once again. Our goal was to head back out to San Marco to see it at night. We had read that this is a must see if you are ever in Venice overnight. I couldn’t wait to see the piazza without the massive crowds that were there during the day. I studied the map of Venice to try and figure out this supposed 15-minute walking route to San Marco. I found the route but now it was a matter of seeing if you could figure it out while actually walking it!

We hit the canals and started our journey. It was a few blocks in when I suddenly noticed that there are giant arrows high up on the walls of the building pointing you towards San Marco. I’m an idiot! How in the world did I miss these before?! We followed the arrows and sure enough, 15 minutes later we were standing in Piazza San Marco.

DSC00315-1.jpg

The view of the Grand Canal from right outside our hotel

DSC00324-1.jpg

Walking into the Piazza San Marco

DSC00328-2.jpg

Photo of Torre dell'Orologio with its mechanical clock

DSC00334-5.jpg

A closeup view of one of the entrances to St. Mark's Basilica

DSC00336-7.jpg

Another closeup shot

DSC00338-8.jpg

Nighttime falls on Piazza San Marco