Review - Carnival Elation, May 12, 2016

agp_mzk

Thank you for your great review! That snorkeling looked like a lot of fun!! Im on the elation in Ocober and although Im not going to Freeport again I am going to Nassau and you have given me some ideas of what to do there. loved reading about your trip and looking at the awsome pictures.

I'm new to Cruise Critic but have been look at some of the reviews for the Elation. I'm taking my boys in October for my oldest son's 21st Birthday/College Graduation celebration. My other one is 15 so I decided to let him tag alone. There was no hesitation about tagging along with Mom this time around. LOL!!! This is the best review I have ever looked at. Thanks so much for sharing and I'm glad you and your friend had a great time. Looking forward to my trip more now. Maybe our paths will cross sometime and we can meet in person. :)

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you and your sons have a great time on your cruise. I'm only a couple of hours down I-85 from you, so maybe our paths will cross one day. You never know!

Edited by agp_mzk

• 4 weeks later...

We just finished our Elation cruise this morning and we had a great time. This was our 4th Carnival Cruise and I can't say enough about how much we hae enjoyed them. They have all been great but I have never seen people try so hard to make sure everything is perfect and when it wasn't, then any issues were addressed. I'll be posting a full review in a few days but wanted anyone who is considering this ship to go ahead and go for it. Kevin the cruise director was the most energetic I've seen in our 4 cruises. I wholeheartedly agree with your review but just wanted to put my two cents in.

Edited by rewster cogburn

• 1 month later...

Great review and noticed many posters agree what a great ship this is. Good to see the cruise "snobs" (we only cruise the new bigger ships....anything else is beneath us) get smacked down a bit :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

• 1 month later...
Did you do a snorkeling excursion through Carnival or book on your own? What was your excursion called?

I'm sorry that I didn't notice this reply before, but for anyone else who was wondering, we booked Paradise Cove through their website: http://www.deadmansreef.com/. I did the snorkeling package, and Claudia did the paddle boarding package. I liked that we were able to choose different activities and still use the same transportation to and from the beach.

I also just noticed from their website that Paradise Cove apparently suffered only minor damage from Hurricane Matthew and will re-open tomorrow! That is such a relief.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed the review!

We'll be sailing on the Elation in November not long after she gets out of dry dock, and it will be interesting to compare it before and after. I've never done a review, but I might have to give it a try this time around as there aren't many reviews for Elation and it will have all kinds of new stuff to show off!