Back from a wonderful trip on the Summit (Bayonne-Bermuda)

NCMountains

We sail June 26, and it looks like Summit will be the only ship in port while we are there.

Really? Where is the Breakaway going to be then? I thought that's all they did was 7 night Bermuda cruises same as Summit.

Consider yourself very lucky. You hit the jackpot.

Really? Where is the Breakaway going to be then? I thought that's all they did was 7 night Bermuda cruises same as Summit.

Consider yourself very lucky. You hit the jackpot.

Now you got me wondering. Did some googling, and came up with this.

Looks like the Breakaway will be in Nova Scotia that week.:)

We are selling also in August and also have a Aft balcony on the Summi. I have been checking out the Port of Bermuda cam the last couple weeks for last couple weeks. It looks as though the Breakaway docks the same way each time. (Facing the dock the forward on the left and the the aft on right.) whereas the Summit which docks behind the Breakaway ( has docked alternatively with their forward and alt facing the forward of the Breakaway on alternative weeks)[/QUO

Thanks for the heads up on the Port of Bermuda camera! It looks like this week they are nose to nose or bow to bow..

I have considered a cruise to Bermuda in May but have hesitated because I'm concerned it will be too cool, especially the water. I'd like to go before schools are out but also would like to go when it is warm. I was at the SC coast (similar latitude) last week and it was perfect weather, my son is there this week and it has been cold and rainy. I know there is no way to predict but was just curious about peoples experience who had been to Bermuda in May.

I have considered a cruise to Bermuda in May but have hesitated because I'm concerned it will be too cool, especially the water. I'd like to go before schools are out but also would like to go when it is warm. I was at the SC coast (similar latitude) last week and it was perfect weather, my son is there this week and it has been cold and rainy. I know there is no way to predict but was just curious about peoples experience who had been to Bermuda in May.

Last week was as good as May can be ... Mid 70's, sunny, wonderful. Te water was cool (low-70's), but we had no problem getting in. The week before ours was, I understand, not as nice.

This will be our third Memorial Day cruise to Bermuda.

The first year the weather was gorgeous--sunny, high 70's-low 80's, not too humid. We were told by the guide on a boat tour we took that we were lucky, and that Bermuda later in the summer is quite humid, and that earlier it may be too cool.

The second year, we had miserable weather with gale-force winds that led to cancellation of shore excursions; even the ferries were affected. We didn't even get off the ship one day. Our (adult) kids were more intrepid and did make it to the beach once.

I think it's like which way the boat docks and which view you get--it's unpredictable but you might get lucky! (The first time we had the beautiful ocean view, too. Second trip, view of the dockyard. Not terrible, but not as beautiful. Cabins were on the same side of the ship both times.)

Hey Lady :)

We were on the Summit the same time you were on the Breakaway. We watched two breakaway passengers running down the pier as your ship pulled away...they missed the boat!! That is so scary...did anyone find out what happened to them, how they got home? I always wondered what happens! Summit was great...how was the breakaway waterslide and zip-line? I bet lots of kids?!

Judy