Jewel of the Seas - any reports from May yet Pleeeease!?

We're counting down the days till our Mediterranean cruise on the Jewel!

Are there any reports on the ship since it sailed in Europe please?

We've never been on a cruise before and we're finding it difficult to discover information online especially since the upgrade as to what is complementary and what areas to find it. We have 4 teens and are interested to hear where to find drinks and snacks for them other than the windjammer. We plan on having dinner in the main dining room each evening and would looooooove to see a sample of the menu!!!

This is the holiday of a lifetime for us so any information would be great - thank you :)

i was on Jewel for its transatlantic crossing. The ship had apparently left dry dock but it didn't seem like the deck areas had been fully completed and refreshed.

However, the ship was all in all in good shape and the crew was very friendly and the service we received was great.

Enjoy your med cruise!

We've never been on a cruise before and we're finding it difficult to discover information online especially since the upgrade as to what is complementary and what areas to find it. We have 4 teens and are interested to hear where to find drinks and snacks for them other than the windjammer. We plan on having dinner in the main dining room each evening and would looooooove to see a sample of the menu!!!

This is the holiday of a lifetime for us so any information would be great - thank

Which date are you sailing? We have 2 teens, and depart Rome on June 10.

I don't suppose since the dry dock they serve the kummelweck in the Solarium do they? Is it only pizza or is it also hotdogs, wraps and pancakes?

Thanks everyone

Unfortunately, no reports of the Kummelweck from Jewel.

Edited by clarea

Don't be so quick to mourn the death of the Kummelweck. It's alive and well and very delicious. We're on the Jewel now and we had one yesterday after coming in from an excursion. The Solarium Cafe opens for sandwiches and pizza at 4 pm for 2 hours. I don't know if it's available in other venues at lunchtime because we typically skip that meal and I haven't gone hunting for it.

Don't be so quick to mourn the death of the Kummelweck. It's alive and well and very delicious. We're on the Jewel now and we had one yesterday after coming in from an excursion. The Solarium Cafe opens for sandwiches and pizza at 4 pm for 2 hours. I don't know if it's available in other venues at lunchtime because we typically skip that meal and I haven't gone hunting for it.

Was yesterday a special day or is it available every afternoon?

Thanks for the info, that's good news.

Don't be so quick to mourn the death of the Kummelweck. It's alive and well and very delicious. We're on the Jewel now and we had one yesterday after coming in from an excursion.

Is this the same type of Kummelweck from Oasis Park Cafe?

Thanks Bob!

Any idea what days the formal nights are on the jewel this summer?

Trying to book my specialty restaurants

Thanks!

No idea, Jewel just got to Europe, so no reports yet.

This is the holiday of a lifetime for us so any information would be great - thank

Which date are you sailing? We have 2 teens, and depart Rome on June 10.

Hi there. We're sailing on July 10 and we'll have 7 teens between two families. Trying to do as much research as I can before we go. I hope there are more reports on the ship before that. Have a great trip :)

For anyone on since the drydock, have they fixed up the Solarium at all... meaning did they replace the blueish green sun faded shrubbery. It made it look very old and uninviting.

With the Centrum, I have heard mixed stories about the blaring music till the wee hours of the morning...is it that bad?

thanks in advance :)

With the Centrum, I have heard mixed stories about the blaring music till the wee hours of the morning...is it that bad?

thanks in advance :)

On our trip to Rome, music in the Centrum never played past midnight and usually stopped a bit earlier than that. Only area with music past midnight was the Vortex disco.

Yes, the music didn't play past midnight. But... On the 70's night it was super loud! We're we deck 8 right off the centrum. I booked this room knowing it maybe loud. Well, the night of the 70's party, after the party was over.. The dj cranked up some nice bass intense music. Our room was vibrating [emoji33]. Went down to guest services the phones were ringing off the hook.. Anyways, long story short an overzealous dj was jamming out and security finally had to intervene to turn it down. It did end at midnight, but that last hour was a dozzy!! We are night owls and love to go club, but that night we just happened to turn in early. Won't book this close to the centrum again. And I was worried people would be loud in the halls, never heard a thing from passengers in the hallway.