Hub app on the Breeze.

CJHAN

To all who have used the hub app on the Breeze, or any other ship for that matter, what do you think how well does it work how useful is it? Thanks.

Edited by CJHAN

Think of it as an electronic version of Fun Times. It was very useful that way. There is also a messaging component to it - similar to Facebook messenger. We found that a few messages took a couple hours to be delivered, even though both phones were on and connected. This happened about 20% of the time.

This was a little less than a year ago on Breeze, so the kinks may have been worked out. For me personally, I am going to go back to locking up my phone so I can have a vacation away from it too.

We had a group of about 13 on the Breeze last October and we found the Hub App to be great - when it worked! My mom was never able to get her phone to connect to it. We would try to keep a group chat open for everyone in our group and randomly people would drop off of the chat and not be getting messages. And messages would be slow to send.

But the other features were great. It was nice to be able to pull up a ship map, see the scheduled activities and pull up our ship charges. And it was cool to see the pics that other passengers uploaded!

We're booked on the Vista next year...I'm hoping that some of the kinks are worked out by then. And I'm also anxious to try the digital photos!

Used the free fun times feature on Breeze & Freedom. This last trip we used the chat feature with the other couples we were traveling with. There were a few times that messages were delayed, but overall, for $5 per device for the whole week, it came in very handy.

I have not used the chat feature but loved using the fun times part. The Sign and Sail part was cool but only gives a total charged and does not factor in OBC or cash payments. This may be fixed by now but was not in 1-15 and 6-15.