Any pictures of the "beautification" on Victory?

La_Souris

Hi!

I'd be curious to know if someone has witnessed the "beautification process" of the Carnival Victory. You got a refurbished room/bathroom? Which floor was it and what type of room? Pictures would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by La_Souris

Just got off May 19th. I asked our steward about it, there was an open balcony door and he pointed to the rug and said they were replacing them. We had interior deck 7 and the room was fine. Flat screen TV and the AC control looked new.

Just off the Victory. Didn't notice anything. Had an extended balcony on Deck 6. First ever balcony room without a mini-fridge. :mad: Old style tube TV.

Old pink bathroom tiles with the antiquated blow dryer built into the wall.

We were just on the Victory May 9 on the Lido deck balcony. No beautification noted in the room. Still had the old TV, faded art, moldy bathroom. During the week there was a section of the Lido blocked off due to 'beatification '. We could not tell what they were doing. We still had a great time.

Also when they say 130 boarding, that is what they mean and not a second before.

I asked John Heald on FB and he said it should be complete by the end of the year and that they are replacing the bathrooms in all the staterooms slowly.

That's all the info I have, but I'm hoping our deck 7 balcony is done when we board Aug. 21. Also, those old tube TVs have got to go! I know many go on vacation to get away from television, but we have a toddler at home who we keep away from the screen mostly so we want to enjoy a movie at night!

I asked John Heald on FB and he said it should be complete by the end of the year and that they are replacing the bathrooms in all the staterooms slowly.

That's all the info I have, but I'm hoping our deck 7 balcony is done when we board Aug. 21. Also, those old tube TVs have got to go! I know many go on vacation to get away from television, but we have a toddler at home who we keep away from the screen mostly so we want to enjoy a movie at night!

my parents just got off the Bermuda trip, and Ill be on it later this week

mom said this ship shows its age in some areas, however when they were sailing no on was on the 2nd floor as they were working on the entire floor for that trip, no access was allowed to the floor and you could smell the glue/ paint on floors 1 and 3

they had a cabin on deck 9 and it had not been worked on yet, however i have read deck 7 has been updated, as well as deck 10, and we know deck 2 was in process

ill be on Deck 6 in 4 days so ill update you as to what i see then

for the most part the ship appears to be sailing full, but that's due to them blocking off 1 deck at a time to renovate so they are missing 100+ cabins each sailing but are sailing full otherwise

people have to remember this is a steel ship in saltwater... things are going to rust no matter how hard you try, don't focus on the little stuff

Edited by swimmarz

my parents just got off the Bermuda trip, and Ill be on it later this week

mom said this ship shows its age in some areas, however when they were sailing no on was on the 2nd floor as they were working on the entire floor for that trip, no access was allowed to the floor and you could smell the glue/ paint on floors 1 and 3

they had a cabin on deck 9 and it had not been worked on yet, however i have read deck 7 has been updated, as well as deck 10, and we know deck 2 was in process

ill be on Deck 6 in 4 days so ill update you as to what i see then

for the most part the ship appears to be sailing full, but that's due to them blocking off 1 deck at a time to renovate so they are missing 100+ cabins each sailing but are sailing full otherwise

people have to remember this is a steel ship in saltwater... things are going to rust no matter how hard you try, don't focus on the little stuff

This is good to hear. We are on deck 7 for our July cruise. It would be nice to have an updated room :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've heard mixed reviews some say it's a bit outdated but still in good shape, some say it's in really bad shape and full of rust. Not sure what to expect.

I noticed a lot of rust...but never met a cruise ship I didn't like! Still had a great cruise.

Where on May 1st...#1346. Old room and desperately needed to be updated!!So disappointed...even the ov window drape was hanging off partially. Some of the travese rod clips were missing or broken off. Over the 5 days we heard a lot of noise above us especially at night and during the night. Would I go on the Victory again??? No.

There is nothing beautiful about the Victory.

I know some folks took offense to this comment, but I laughed. :)

FWIW the Victory is a little old but she is not an eye sore at all IMO. I finger it this way, she's nearly 20 years old and has sailed a distance equal to Mars and back in her life while being in a corrosive substance hauling a horde of humanity, so she's a allowed to look her age.

I know some folks took offense to this comment, but I laughed. :)

FWIW the Victory is a little old but she is not an eye sore at all IMO. I finger it this way, she's nearly 20 years old and has sailed a distance equal to Mars and back in her life while being in a corrosive substance hauling a horde of humanity, so she's a allowed to look her age.

Exactly. People need to set their expectations correctly. The price we got for our cruise in a balcony cabin was amazing. And with that I don't expect the ship to look brand new or modern. As in everything in life you get what you pay for to a certain degree.

As far as noise in the cabin you always have to expect that their could be noise. Same as when you stay in a hotel. If you can't handle noise then you should stay home. And I always wonder if the people who complain about noise checked to see where their cabin was when they booked? I know I was careful to make sure I got a cabin with cabins below and above us. You can't book a cabin above the disco and not expect noise.

Was also on the Bermuda cruise. Never found out just where they were working, though. We only smelled paint one evening as we were going to dinner on Deck 4. We were on Deck 7 with balcony, and believe me, there was no work being done on that deck. The ship is definitely in need of updating, but it still was a great cruise, had a lovely time! Food was delicious and had the best wait staff we ever had in 16 cruises. We even still had real tablecloths on the tables, so guess that's the advantage of not being "upgraded" yet. Did still have a tube tv, and a nice pink bathroom. Had an excellent cabin steward who was most helpful and very visible the whole trip. Hope you'll enjoy your cruise as much as we all did. It was nice to be in port for three days.