Booking a future cruise on board

I have never been on NCL, but if our up coming trip is nice we will be booking another. Only thing i have found is an on-board credit.

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

$1000 (4 Deposits) FREE $500 Onboard Credit

$750 (3 Deposits) FREE $375 Onboard Credit

$500 (2 Deposits) FREE $250 Onboard Credit

$250 (1 Deposit**) FREE $100 Onboard Credit

What's more: Guests can now purchase a $500 reduced deposit Haven and Suites certificate and decide later under CruiseNext.

CRUISENEXT HAVEN AND SUITES:

$2000 (4 Deposits) FREE $500 Onboard Credit

$1500 (3 Deposits) FREE $375 Onboard Credit

$1000 (2 Deposits) FREE $250 Onboard Credit

$500 (1 Deposit**) FREE $100 Onboard Credit

Select Your Ship And Sail Date

I have never been on NCL, but if our up coming trip is nice we will be booking another. Only thing i have found is an on-board credit.

What's more: Guests can now purchase a $500 reduced deposit Haven and Suites certificate and decide later under CruiseNext.

CRUISENEXT HAVEN AND SUITES:

$2000 (4 Deposits) FREE $500 Onboard Credit

$1500 (3 Deposits) FREE $375 Onboard Credit

$1000 (2 Deposits) FREE $250 Onboard Credit

$500 (1 Deposit**) FREE $100 Onboard Credit

Select Your Ship And Sail Date

This was the promotion on board in January 2016. I do believe that if you booked on board using your cruise next deposit you would get onboard credit based on number of nights and category booked. We found it challenging to book the cruise on board even though we knew which one we wanted because it is done via internet and connection was bad even for the cruise next employees. So we just waited until we got home and for the new dates to come out to make sure we didn't want to change our mind.

Keep in mind that you can only use 1 deposit per new reservation, although they will occasionally run a promotion to use more than 1 deposit it is rare. They do give you 4 years to use any deposits.

The current CruiseNext promo is using two deposits towards the same reservation and lasts until August 31: https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

As for a perk, using your CruiseNext deposit while on board counts as your entire deposit. So, we booked our next cruise while on board in April, and we don't have to pay another cent to NCL until September, 3 months before our cruise.

Edited by atomax

As for a perk, using your CruiseNext deposit while on board counts as your entire deposit. So, we booked our next cruise while on board in April, and we don't have to pay another cent to NCL until September, 3 months before our cruise.

That is not a perk and not related to booking onboard, that is how the certificates have always worked (even before booking while onboard became possible).

What the actual perk is, is not published by NCL anymore. When they revamped the program last year, at first the extra perk for booking onboard was an extra drink/dining package on top of the regular promo but nowadays they have cut back and based on the reports here now they only offer some extra OBC. (Not to be confused with the OBC from the purchase that is actually a direct discount, not extra spending money.)

On our recent cruise earlier this month, they were advertising it in the daily as "Buy two future cruise deposits, get two free." It wasn't a special, it was just a different way of wording the above: You pay $500 to get $1000 worth of deposits.

The CruiseNext Director explained that some people were interpreting the original deal as meaning they had to spend $500 on the ship to make sure they got their credit.

I'm not sure if this was only for booking onboard, but they said that if we booked it locked in the promos at that time, but that you could rebook later on to a totally different itinerary/ship/whatever and you wouldn't lose any of the perks from the time of booking. We were able to do that, so it worked out well for us, but I can't remember there being a reason to book onboard beyond that if you didn't happen to like the promos they were running at the time.