2018 Transatlantics?

LynnMW3

• 6 months later...

I just tried to book a 8/11/18 Caribbean cruise and when I called at 8:02 PST they told me that the entire upper decks were sold out for interior and several of the lower decks were on guarantee only.......we had to switch to another date. Rep claimed they had been on sale since 5am PST or 8am local times...I said how your site still doesn't have them up.....when I looked online when it finally showed up just about everything looks sold with like 5-10 cabins here and there.........seems odd unless it is just being held by TAs or partially chartered???

I just tried to book a 8/11/18 Caribbean cruise and when I called at 8:02 PST they told me that the entire upper decks were sold out for interior and several of the lower decks were on guarantee only.......we had to switch to another date. Rep claimed they had been on sale since 5am PST or 8am local times...I said how your site still doesn't have them up.....when I looked online when it finally showed up just about everything looks sold with like 5-10 cabins here and there.........seems odd unless it is just being held by TAs or partially chartered???

I think you'll find the majority are held for the 14 day version of the cruise rather than actually sold out

I think you'll find the majority are held for the 14 day version of the cruise rather than actually sold out

Really...when do you think they will drop off and show as open...I have never run into this. This is our first b2b...we were hoping princess would bring back that circle cruise..nope. So we did the b2b but. We were booking the 14 day one as well.

Really...when do you think they will drop off and show as open...I have never run into this. This is our first b2b...we were hoping princess would bring back that circle cruise..nope. So we did the b2b but. We were booking the 14 day one as well.

Check the 14 day versions to see if those cabins are available. Sometimes it takes a long time before they open up. Your 7 day is part of 2 different 14 day cruises, the week before yours and the week after

We actually booked the 14 day not a 7day. I gave them the voyage # for the 14 day and that is what we booked. we originally wanted 8/11/18 for 14 days but had to settle on 8/4/18 as that was the only sailing that worked with the time frame we have and the location of cabins that we wanted. We wanted one of the sideways on Riviera but the entire top decks are sold out. Then when we went into interior mid, mid aft or mid fwd only 1 deck Baja or aloha had a handful of rooms. We are sailing with friends who were going to do oceanview or balcony so we wanted to remain on same floor.....and most areas on the 8/11 one had some interiors but no balconies near them open......seems so odd.

My TA was able to book me the Crown TA as soon as the itinerary became available at whatever PST Princess opened it for reservations. Got the aft B4 I wanted ... yay!

Got a courtesy hold on an aft suite for this cruise as well. Now all I gotta do is convince DW to sail. Might be a little easier this time around as her DS also has a cabin on hold.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Check the 14 day versions to see if those cabins are available. Sometimes it takes a long time before they open up. Your 7 day is part of 2 different 14 day cruises, the week before yours and the week after

I went online and the 14 days are still all messed up so i looked at the 7 days and low and behold all the cabins are open!!! So i called princess and just booked 2 7 day cruises vs the 14 day one...how weird, but got the cabins we wanted. :D

I went online and the 14 days are still all messed up so i looked at the 7 days and low and behold all the cabins are open!!! So i called princess and just booked 2 7 day cruises vs the 14 day one...how weird, but got the cabins we wanted. :D

Excellent. Glad it worked out. They started this garbage a few years ago - they had a 15 day and a 17 Day version of a transatlantic. Every single caribe deck balcony was held for the 17 day :mad:

Got a courtesy hold on an aft suite for this cruise as well. Now all I gotta do is convince DW to sail. Might be a little easier this time around as her DS also has a cabin on hold.....:):):)

Bob

Haven't you done that route a few times now? Branch out ;)

Excellent. Glad it worked out. They started this garbage a few years ago - they had a 15 day and a 17 Day version of a transatlantic. Every single caribe deck balcony was held for the 17 day :mad:

Yeah it is like they held all but about 20 cabins total for the 7 dayers and only allow 14 days to book those ehh 20 cabins. But hey at least now we get 2 cruise credits vs 1. Now just hope that they wont make us take all our stuff off. I have heard 2 different stories...1 get off briefly leaving stuff on ship and takes about maybe an 1hr then get back on...2 stay on ship and spend 30 min in the theatre while ship is cleared then go about our day.